Aftermarket Rear Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased the M62087H unit with the hydraulic preload adjuster. Hagon confirmed that shock will fit any Yamaha FJR with a with a JYARP frame prefix on the S/N. Measurements are:

Length 328.5mm

Top loop mount 12 x 60mm

Lower fork mount 12mm / 17mm holes and 30mm in width ( between the jaws )

Stroke / travel 70mm

Cost was about $540.00 shipped. Current cost might vary very slightly because of the currency exchange. 

Comes with a two year warranty.  As far as I know, the others are only warrantied for one year.  

Service was excellent by the way. 
Thank you sir!

You still liking this shock?

So far, so good.  I got about 4,000 miles on it.  I got the dampening adjusted to my liking and left it there.  Now, I just crank up or down on the pre-load to meet the weight needs.  The suspension is worlds better with this shock on it, hugely better than the stock shock ever was.

The shock lower clevis is very beefy.  I highly doubt that I'll have any issues with that, as the Penske does.

So far, so good.  I got about 4,000 miles on it.  I got the dampening adjusted to my liking and left it there.  Now, I just crank up or down on the pre-load to meet the weight needs.  The suspension is worlds better with this shock on it, hugely better than the stock shock ever was.

The shock lower clevis is very beefy.  I highly doubt that I'll have any issues with that, as the Penske does.
Ordered, should be about 8 days to get it

Just as an update to my previous post, whereby I was concerned about movement in my rear suspension, recently I bought a used Relay Arm off Flea-bay and I bought all new bearings, seals, collars, bolts, etc. for it.  I also bought new bearings and seals for the swing arm end of the dog bones.

Changed everything and lubed it up well.  The "slack" I was describing earlier in the video on this thread is reduced, but not eliminated.  So, I've got everything fresh, everything lubed up, and I've decided that I'm going to ride more, stress less.

That is all....

WOW what a difference! 

I only put 55 miles on the new shock, but I managed to use up 2 full bars on the fuel gauge while doing so. I am loving this new shock and I have yet to start dialing it in. I had it set up for two up, which is mostly what I ride these days, so I need to get the SO out for a ride soon.

For the price, I could not be happier.

YMMV.

Thanks for the great find Pants!