AimExpo - Police crash bars for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdman2010

Reaction score
I don't know if this was mentioned already or not but I saw the bike at the AimExpo and it was all black. No silver trim like the pictures

The AimExpo also had a Police version. I really like the front and back crash bars. Does anyone know where I can get these bars? Or, does anyone know who I can contact at Yamaha to get their source? I am hoping some members here work for Yamaha or a Yamaha dealer. Thanks!

The AimExpo had a Police version of the FJR. I really like the front and back crash bars on the side. Does anyone know where I can get these bars? Or, does anyone know who I can contact at Yamaha to get their source? I am hoping some members here work for Yamaha or a Yamaha dealer. Thanks!

Deleting a post that got duplicated during the thread splitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bird, I don't know if you intentionally double posted this about the crash bars or if the Admins split off this thread. This is a copy of my reply to your inquiry in the '17 Raven thread.

The AimExpo also had a Police version. I really like the front and back crash bars. Does anyone know where I can get these bars?...

Those look similar to the MC Enterprises Canyon Cage bars, MC has different style cages which look a little different. Both the MC and T-Rex bars are for later model FJRs.

DSC00004%20Cropped%20lrg2.JPG

DSC00003%20lrg.JPG

T-Rex Racing makes a similar type crash bars.

N69-13EGDisplay1Web.jpg

N69-13LGB4-L.jpg

T-Rex racing bars on my '15.

Bird, I don't know if you intentionally double posted this about the crash bars
That's the case...probably would have been best if they started only the latter thread since it was off-topic about parts anyway. Moved a variety of posts to try and keep it on topic.

do either brands of bag protector bars interfere with the passenger pegs folding? or interfere with passenger foot placement?thx
The T-Rex bag protector bars do impact passenger foot space and ease of ingress/egress a small amount. In the EOM picture of the '15 you can see that the passenger pegs have been relocated, moving the pegs both forward and down pretty much taking the bag bars out of the picture.

I have the t-rex bag protectors pictured. I was concerned about whether pillion foot room would be impacted, so I went ahead and installed MCL passenger peg lowering brackets and can guards. There were no issues, but her feet got in the way of my feet, particularly when walking the bike. I took the lowering brackets off. Zero leg/foot space issues with the t-rex bag guards. It's like it all was designed together.

'Bit off topic, but... What's with the crash bar thing?

It's not as if these bars will save the rider in a "crash". 'Best they'll do is perhaps prevent dents and scratches if the bike topples over in the driveway.

As for a more serious spill at speed... That's what my insurance is for.

What's with the crash bar thing? It's not as if these bars will save the rider in a "crash". 'Best they'll do is perhaps prevent dents and scratches if the bike topples over in the driveway.As for a more serious spill at speed... That's what my insurance is for.
Crash bars aren't about the rider, they are about the bike.

There are tip-over guards which somewhat limit damage in a 0 mph uh-ho, the driveway drop type damage. Is a driveway drop a crash? Crash bars improve your chance to ride home after a moving uh-ho. Nothing can protect against everything, the 'crash' bars just provide a little extra margin of damage control. Insurance is what takes up the gap between what the crash bars protected and what they didn't protect.

After a number of years of reading the Forum it is clear that someone can total a bike at 0 mph even with crash bars
wink.png
and some can ride home after an 80 mph wipe-out with no crash protection. Consider the crash bars as your first level of insurance against a totaled bike and still being able to ride a damaged bike home.

What's with the crash bar thing? It's not as if these bars will save the rider in a "crash". 'Best they'll do is perhaps prevent dents and scratches if the bike topples over in the driveway.As for a more serious spill at speed... That's what my insurance is for.
Crash bars aren't about the rider, they are about the bike.

There are tip-over guards which somewhat limit damage in a 0 mph uh-ho, the driveway drop type damage. Is a driveway drop a crash? Crash bars improve your chance to ride home after a moving uh-ho. Nothing can protect against everything, the 'crash' bars just provide a little extra margin of damage control. Insurance is what takes up the gap between what the crash bars protected and what they didn't protect.

After a number of years of reading the Forum it is clear that someone can total a bike at 0 mph even with crash bars
wink.png
and some can ride home after an 80 mph wipe-out with no crash protection. Consider the crash bars as your first level of insurance against a totaled bike and still being able to ride a damaged bike home.
I just bought a brand new, zero miles 2015 FJR1300 A. I love my bike! At the same time, it is a bit top heavy. I almost dropped it in my driveway. I would have been pissed if I dropped my brand new FJR. From what I have read on posts here on this forum, a 0 mph drop will still damage your bags and your fairing. If I have crash bars on the back and frame sliders like this one on the front, it may prevent or at least minimize a stupid driveway or parking lot drop. I used to have a Yamaha Venture. It was very top heavy. I dropped that bike several times at stop lights and in my driveway. Luckily, the Venture has crashbars so the bike does not go all the way over. No damage at all on these driveway drops! I kept waiting for Yamaha to produce a new Venture with ABS and better cruise control. Apparently, Yamaha has put the new Venture on hold. That is okay because I found the FJR at the Yamaha demo rides and I love my new bike!

I am considering these frame slides and these back crash bars. Do you think that these two will protect my bike in a parking lot drop?

https://www.amazon.com/MC-Enterprises-Side-Bag-Guards/dp/B00DTEESJS/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-aero-frame-sliders-yamaha-fjr1300-2013-2015