• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Alex's Reflective Bag decals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with Alex last week and the ones he has are a little different and more subtle than the ones on PCA. It appears that they are not on his site yet...or as of Friday at least.

I spoke with Alex last week and the ones he has are a little different and more subtle than the ones on PCA. It appears that they are not on his site yet...or as of Friday at least.
So Alex will you be adding those to your site? I ordered the bag decals last night, and I'd sure like to get the fairing ones

I will try to get some better pictures of them tonight. I will then add them to the site.

The E52 kit is also finished. It is a bit tedious to install but easily accomplished.

IMG_3966.jpg
IMG_3961.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great product by Alex!

I love the look of my silver/black/cherry reflective bag decals on my 07!

Alex, Thanks again for your products and really Great Service!!

WW

Another great product by Alex!
Well, thanks to all you guys raving about them, I just placed my own order. :)

As I am *completely* incompetent when it comes to stuff like this, my ability to "install" these will be a real test of their ease of use. I'll report on my findings once I accomplish (or fail miserably) at my appointed task...

Wish me luck!

Just adding to the already long list of endorsers. I bought these for my 2005 and now that I have a new 2008 I am buying them again.

Everyone I ride with at night comments on them. I sometimes ride on some DARK roads in the mountains and these things are life savers I tell ya.

For the price if you do not have them on your bike, you either never ride at night or you have some mental problems.

I'll report on my findings once I accomplish (or fail miserably) at my appointed task...
Well, they arrived and were installed with only minor problems (all due to my own incompetence - nothing to do with the actual product).

Definitely *not* happy with the color match - or actually, the lack thereof. The decals I have are brown - which would be great if my bike weren't *black*. No way the decals would fool anyone into thinking they were stock. They stand out like two sore thumbs.

That being said, the quality of the work is *great*. They look good (but for the ugly brown color) and are well made. They also stand out very nicely, providing a lot of reflectivity - which is their primary function.

I was going to take them off but my wife said they really lit up well at night.

In daylight:

2543996330_1ac3f03703_m.jpg

With Camera flash turned on:

2543169555_7e1340c2f6_m.jpg

Full sized pics can be seen here.

Hello ShawnKing. I thought you were questioning the daytime color of the decals on the bike when you emailed me earlier. My mistake. Actually they reflect a bright white, no brown. You should try to take a pic at night, or better yet, drive up behind your FJR with a car. I use only 3M's material because it reflects white, unlike all the other brands that I've tried that do reflect brown.

Yes - they reflect white (quite well) but they are a dark brown that doesn't match the color of the bags.
HMMMM, mine appeared brown at first glance but they are clearly black and blend very well with the black plastic saddle bag.
Take a look at this full sized image. If you'd like, I can take a pic that better shows the color discrepancy.

(URL to pic should be fixed now)

Actually they reflect a bright white, no brown.
Yes - they reflect white (quite well) but they are a dark brown that doesn't match the color of the bags.
HMMMM, mine appeared brown at first glance but they are clearly black and blend very well with the black plastic saddle bag.
Mine appear a lighter black-dark gray, if you will, when there is anything reflecting off them during the day. So, in bright sun or such they don't look exactly matte black. But, most of the time, they blend very well. I think that is the best to hope for, blending in, as they are a different material and do reflect. I would understend if they looked a little wierd on the black of the fairing. It's a pretty cool material.

Add>>When they get dusty they do look different, slightly brown, but I would guess this is the dirt blocking light, reflected or otherwise. I can understand purchasing something and not getting exactly what you had hoped on. For me the look/benefits at night outweight the look during the day. Take care.

Darn it, I just put regular reflectives on my bike last week, then Alex goes and makes these cool ones. :dribble:

Oh well, looks like I get practive taking off and putting on.

Just got my decals in the mail.......great product!!! One of the cheapest pieces of safety equipment you can ever buy! Alex...if you're ever out in the western end of the state, let me know. We'll go ride "the Cow's Tail"!!!