• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been riding with tall work boots for years, and would like a proper pair of touring boots.

Are the above mentioned boots a decent recomendation from the FJR crowd?

My rides are typically in the 40 to 80 degree temp range, and usually only a couple hundred miles. (I felt ashamed when i typed that).

Those look like nice boots. I guess not too expensive for Alpinestars, but a little high for me. I have a pair of Joe Rockets that look a lot like those and have given me 7 years so far.

Those look like nice boots. I guess not too expensive for Alpinestars, but a little high for me. I have a pair of Joe Rockets that look a lot like those and have given me 7 years so far.
Too often you get what you pay for with boots and I tend to go mid-range in price and probably quality.
unsure.png

I think these are a decent boot AND the price is lower than I have seen them at.

I have reopened my search for decent boots. The Tourmaster Solution 2's lasted 11 months. I like the TCX boots and will probably spend a little more $ on the TCX X-fives.

TCX X-Five Plus Gore-Tex Boots - RevZilla

I may also grab a pair of TCX X-miles for local riding and because I would like to try a shorter boot:

TCX X-Miles WP Boots - RevZilla

These boots shown here are not listed at bargain prices and I will keep shopping...

Many opinions on boots and some good threads with many opinions on the right boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
DEAL OF THE YEAR... FJR GOODIES had (had...) the Alpinestars WEB Gore-Tex Boot in my size for $95 (reg $239..clearance for 200+everywhere else)... I got the last pair of 45 (10.5US).

I asked to see how many they had left so I could post up this killer deal... they only have 2 pairs of these left, and only in a size 42(8.0 US)

They also have the Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boot in 44, 45, 46 (11,11.5,12US) for $75 (reg $129 at FJR goodies...$149 on revzilla) I didnt ask how many they have left...

Shipping was $19 and change.. so ~$115 (I added a crush washer)

Funny thing is... I read this post.. and thought hmm.. maybe... and then went to FJR Goodies to see what they had (not for boots.. just for FJR related stuff) , 'cause wifey said pick out an xmas present... so i figured good spot to look for "stuff"... never imagining the good fortune i would have :)

I talked to Clint, he was very helpful. They ship tomorrow.

DEAL OF THE YEAR... FJR GOODIES had (had...) the Alpinestars WEB Gore-Tex Boot in my size for $95 (reg $239..clearance for 200+everywhere else)... I got the last pair of 45 (10.5US).
I asked to see how many they had left so I could post up this killer deal... they only have 2 pairs of these left, and only in a size 42(8.0 US)

They also have the Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boot in 44, 45, 46 (11,11.5,12US) for $75 (reg $129 at FJR goodies...$149 on revzilla) I didnt ask how many they have left...

Funny thing is... I read this post.. and thought hmm.. maybe... and then went to FJR Goodies to see what they had (not for boots.. just for FJR related stuff) , 'cause wifey said pick out an xmas present... so i figured good spot to look for "stuff"... never imagining the good fortune i would have
smile.png

I went to the site...(?) the Ridge 44 = 11 while the "Web goretex" 45 = 10.5 ???

I noted that too... but i looked at a bunch of other sites about the Web Gortex and it looks like the 45 should be a god fit for me... crossed fingers

I didnt read up on the Ridge at all

Hey Tony,

How can you wear out boots in 11 months? With the miles you put on you can't be putting your feet down very often!
rolleyes.gif

Give em a call... The gentleman said i got the last one... but maybe they found more? (or didnt update thier website... )

It's a hell u va deal if you can get em...

They were very pleasant to deal with on the phone.

Funny thing is... I read this post.. and thought hmm.. maybe... and then went to FJR Goodies to see what they had (not for boots.. just for FJR related stuff) , 'cause wifey said pick out an xmas present... so i figured good spot to look for "stuff"... never imagining the good fortune i would have
smile.png

After riding this past weekend with a pair of worn out soles, I decided to try the Alpinestars Ridge. I have wanted to try a short boot for local riding and I was leaning towards the

TCX X-miles, but this price was too hard to resist. I am still waiting on the elusive sales on the TCX X-Five Plus for my main Touring boot.

I bought the alpinestars referenced in the OP about 4 months ago. Paid $149.00 at Newenough and had a $30.00 gift card and a 10% coupon - ended up getting them to my door for a smidge over a Benjamin.

Took a while for them to loosen up, but now they are most comfortable. Worn them from about 40 degrees up to about 80. At 40 with a good pair of socks, my feet are still toasty. At 80 - well, with a gen I bike - everything below the "jewels" is getting blasted anyway. I've worn them in a moderate rain and not a drop of water got into the boot. Sizing chart seems accurate for my size 12 foot.

We'll see what they look like down the road...

Thanks to 101stpathfinder for the Info !!! .. I only put 4500 on the Feej since Feb when i bought it (hanging my head in shame here...).. so by his measure, and at this rate, these are gonna last 9+ years. I am definetly gonna work on wearing them out way faster than that !!!

And thanks to hppants for the review... im hopin mine show up soon... should be any day... then if the snow melts, i can test them and the new gloves

I got em.. .they look good, fit good, and although they feel quite stiff and are hard to pull on now, I imagine when they break in, they will be great.

Thanks for the info.

A big thiumbs up to the fjrgoodies.com folks... great to talk to, fast shipping.. and OH WHAT A DEAL!!!

I wasn't so fortunate, I received an email last night saying that size 44 were no longer available. Since the "Ridge" were on clearance, they were gone for good. They offered size 45 with free shipping instead.

If anyone wants a 45 with free shipping, let me know fast. We could work out the details of an exchange later.

Tony

I dont know about the sizing oddness... fjrgoodies says those Ridges are a 45euro/11.5us... they said the Web Gor-Tex I got are 45euro/10.5US.

I cant imagine Alpinstars sizing two different boots differently..so i dunno

The Web Gor-Tex pair i just got are a 45euro / 10.5US (Weird right? I will look again at the tag when i get home.)

I am a 10.5 in pretty much every shoe and sneaker for the last 20 years...only had to go 11 on one occasion with dress shoes... These boots (45euro) fit me great.

Here is a review on the NewEnough.com / MotorcycleGear.com website where a customer talks about his fit experience with the Ridge boot...

Below is alpinstars fit guide... which agrees with FJRgoodies on the Ridge boot (but not the Web Gor-Tex)
medium_riding_footwear.jpg

The Revzilla site makes it look like they are true to size...

They are 130-150 everywhere else...75 at fjrgoodies... it might be worth the gamble...

Hope I didnt confuse it farther.

Do you guys use any specific treatment or anything on your boots? or just let em wear...