• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wash mine every rain storm, then briskly AIR dry them.
punk.gif

I have had the TCX X-Five Plus GTX boots for the past year (last year's Xmas gift). My prior boots were Tourmaster Solutions (the original version) worn for the 3 years prior. I only ride around 15k miles a year, but the soles of my 3 year old tourmasters still look OK on the sides, just a little smooth on the bottoms from whatever walking I've done in them. I'd agree that the soles are pretty soft.

The X-Fives are a huge step up from the Tourmasters, which is why the solutions have been relegated to way to the back of the closet.

AS a point of reference I generally wear size 11 footwear, and sometimes opt for "W" widths. Both the Tourmasters and TCX boots that I own are size 11's (45 on the TCX's = 11). The Tourmasters were always a bit on the snug side for me, especially if wearing thicker wool socks in cool weather. OTOH, the TCX's have a roomier fit and a much bigger toe box, which is an asset to me as I have fairly wide feet.

The GoreTex in the X-Fives has been, thus far, perfectly waterproof, and I feel like they are considerably cooler in the hot weather than my prior waterproof riding boots. I would highly recommend the X-Fives to anyone looking for a great all-weather touring style boot at a reasonable price point.