Alright, I test rode one and now have to have one!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spine60

Reaction score
The factory tractor trailer came to town and any and all were alowed to test ride one. It was the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle in my life. It handle reasonably but the thrust was like nothing I've ever experienced. The test ride was over 45 minutes long and we reached speeds in excess of 90 mph. I never thought I would say this but I'm in the market for a Boss Hoss. :eek: Has anyone else ever ridden one of these??

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it the 350 or the 502 model?

I haven't ridden one and really don't have the desire - to each his own. I'm pretty sure 0-60 times are equivalent to the modern liter bikes and the 60-0 times are probably measure in blocks, not feet.

Again, to each his own.

It was the 350, I'll tell you though it handled remarkably well for what it is. Even though you can compare the speed with other bikes you can't compare the feeling. It is like compaing the 1/4 mile times of a new corvette vs. a mid 60s big block corvette. The times are similar but not the feeling sitting in the cars and I've owned both. :blink:

That's what I thought rogue, I felt the same way when I test rode the wing and traded my Harley in on the spot for one.

The factory tractor trailer came to town and any and all were alowed to test ride one...and we reached speeds in excess of 90 mph.
Hmm, reminds me of each time I get on the freeway. I guess I'd want one before I'd want another Harley, but there's a bunch of other toys I'd rather own before that. Now, a test ride would definitely be worth the trouble! Maybe one with a big block Vette motor. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I wouldn't turn down a ride on any bike. I have no interest in owning a Boss Hoss but it might be fun to ride one. I even take my friend's Honda 50 scooter for an occassional spin.

gypsy

Rode a 350 equipped bike at Sturgis two years ago. I found the handling to be ponderous at best compared to other bikes, but yes, for what it is it was better than I assumed. Don’t grab a handful of throttle going around a corner though. Flattish back tire had minimal contact patch when leaned(or shall I say tipped!) Straight line acceleration was another thing! WOW! Would have liked to have ridden the 502 version. They even have those with a bottle on them.

Then there is the HEAT! Makes the FJR feel air conditioned!

I feel the same about the Valkyrie's. I was at a party not long ago and I got the opportunity to ride one. The feeling was unexplainable. You twist the throttle and it was almost scarey powerful. Not that I ever went that fast but the throw you back in the seat type feel was awesome...

Torgue is a wonderous thing indeed ! I wouldn't turn down a test ride on pretty much anything thats powered. Twistin up the Hoss would have to be a trip !

I look at the Boss Hoss as one of those one-upsmanship bikes. I'd get a V8 Hoss for my 30th bike maybe if I was filthy stinking rich. I consider it to be worthless for just about anything I want out of a bike (leaning into twisties, touring, running on dirt and gravel backroads, commuting, etc.). Personally, I think of the Hoss as about even on the ridiculousness scale as choppers with 50 degrees of rake and two-foot high apehanger bars and of course Hummers.

I look at the Boss Hoss as one of those one-upsmanship bikes. I'd get a V8 Hoss for my 30th bike maybe if I was filthy stinking rich. I consider it to be worthless for just about anything I want out of a bike (leaning into twisties, touring, running on dirt and gravel backroads, commuting, etc.). Personally, I think of the Hoss as about even on the ridiculousness scale as choppers with 50 degrees of rake and two-foot high apehanger bars and of course Hummers.
Hey, there is nothing wrong with a good Hummer!!! ;)

I wouldn't pass up a ride. However, I would never own one.

I rode a Harley Sportster once. Once. Didn't like it.

Fun to ride but don't let your friends see you......oh wait that's something else.