AMA Pro Racing Tire Marshalls - VIR & New Jersey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceDr

Reaction score
We are still in need of a few more volunteer Tire Marshalls for the VIR and New Jersey races. Everyone who has worked with us has had a great time being on the hot pits and meeting with the riders and crews.

What we are doing is monitoring tire usage at our races. What this means is I issue a certain color and number of stickers for the tires to each competitor when they come through tech. Our job is to stop all bikes prior to them going on the track and checking for stickers, logging the numbers and the colors. It is very simple but the riders know we are watching. We will be working rain or shine so come prepared.

Now, for your services you will be given a credential good for all three days, a parking pass to the P1 lot for your vehicle, a shirt and lunch everyday that you work. In addition you will be given two more credentials for you to assign to your guests. These are entry credentials only and do not include parking, shirt or lunch. You will pick up your credentials at the Registration building, AMA Will Call window. You must give the names of your guests for the free credentials. Your guests must come to Will Call, show picture ID to claim the pass. Minors must be accompanied by the legal guardian/parent in order to receive the pass.

Registration/AMA Will Call opens Thursday from 3-7 pm and again Friday morning at 7 am. My wife will be there at 630 am to assist Tire Marshalls. We will have a briefing in the AMA Tech Garage at 715 am Friday morning so get there ASAP after you get your credentials and get parked.

If you are interested please contact me at 623-337-6422 or [email protected].

Randy B Stem

AMA Pro Racing

Tire Control

When?

What color are the stickers? I'm somewhat color blind.

EDIT:

Found it.

VA Aug 14-16

NJ Sept 4-6

Bummer. Not available either weekend.

Last edited by a moderator: