An experiment for your Wife and Dog

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerk9

Reaction score
A dog is truly a man's best friend.

If you don't believe it, try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

Our Pancho

pancho.jpg

jun078.jpg

It's a frisbee dog! What breed is that? My S.O. always tells me to get one, because I love to throw frisbee and she hates it....

So where is the picture of the wife in the trunk? I need photo evidence to determine who's happier. ;)

It's a frisbee dog! What breed is that? My S.O. always tells me to get one, because I love to throw frisbee and she hates it....
So where is the picture of the wife in the trunk? I need photo evidence to determine who's happier. ;)

He couldn't take the picture with both arms broken. :headbonk:

Nice looking Border Collie. The smartest dog there is. I had two of them back when we had sheep. They were my best friends, but they grew old and passed on. I could not bring myself to get another after my last one died in my arms. They are the best!!!

Nice looking Border Collie. The smartest dog there is. I had two of them back when we had sheep. They were my best friends, but they grew old and passed on. I could not bring myself to get another after my last one died in my arms. They are the best!!!
OhioFJR1300,

I agree with you on their intelligence...Pancho has a good 40 IQ points over me (which I am usually firing on about 60 on a good day)...damn dog is always outsmarting me :eek:

Pancho is 12 now and about to turn 13, and I know his time is growing short...it saddens me to think about it. But, for now...he is still loving life, goes running a couple miles a day with me, loves to play frisbee, ball and hide and seek. He is great with our kids (age 5 and 2) and has taught many kids at schools and in the neighborhoods we have lived in, not to be afraid of dogs.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your BCs and what a noble person to be with them to the end. My heart goes out to you.

Take care.

Wheaton and V Max,

Thanks for the compliments on Pancho!

Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
+1, the dog is awsome but I'd love to see the pic of the wife in the trunk!

He couldn't take the picture with both arms broken. :headbonk:
LOL on the arms broken...true, no pictures taken...arms broken...typing with pencil in teeth.

Rex

The wife I understand, but why would you put your dog in the trunk? What could he/she do to deserve such treatment?

I doubt that I could my dog to stop humping my wife's leg long enough to try this. :lol:

Pancho is 12 now and about to turn 13, and I know his time is growing short...it saddens me to think about it. But, for now...he is still loving life, goes running a couple miles a day with me, loves to play frisbee, ball and hide and seek. He is great with our kids (age 5 and 2) and has taught many kids at schools and in the neighborhoods we have lived in, not to be afraid of dogs.
ranger,

just take lots of pics while your dog is healthy. the last thing you want is to realize your dog is sick and you scramble to get photos of him, knowing he's not going to be around much longer.

take lots of pics.

dean

cincinnati

Border Collies.. as a well known animal trainer told me once 'I don't train BC's. I don't train any dog that's smarter than I am.'

That second pix is great!

Nice dog and all, but that was a laugh out load 'funny' (to me). Thanks for the joke (that was a joke, wasn't it?) :lol:

Howdy Pancho. My name is Shadow. I'll bet we would romp away the live long day if we met in person. I'm 2 and 1/2 year old farm dog. I'm a people dog too, especially kids but I still sometimes get a little too excited around them. Figure I could learn a few things about that from you.

Dsc00490-1.jpg

Howdy Pancho. My name is Shadow. I'll bet we would romp away the live long day if we met in person. I'm 2 and 1/2 year old farm dog. I'm a people dog too, especially kids but I still sometimes get a little too excited around them. Figure I could learn a few things about that from you.
Dsc00490-1.jpg

spklbuk,

Wow...Shadow is a very handsome dog! I bet he loves being on a farm. Pancho came off of a working ranch/farm in the North Georgia Mountains and his parents worked livestock (to include the ducks). All Pancho has had to herd around has been kids and cats.

Shadow and Pancho would probably love to play together. I am sure Shadow will be great around kids as he gets older (2 and 1/2 is still a pup).

Thanks for the feedback and the great photo.

Rex

ranger,

just take lots of pics while your dog is healthy. the last thing you want is to realize your dog is sick and you scramble to get photos of him, knowing he's not going to be around much longer.

take lots of pics.

dean

cincinnati
Dean,

That is great advice that we have heeded for all 12 years of his life. My favorite pic of him was back in 1998 on top of Black Mountain at the base of the Appalachain Trail...it was 15 Degrees out and his whiskers were frozen with icecicles. We ended up hiking the first 100 miles of the trail.

Again, your right and it is good advice. Thanks.

Rex

The wife I understand, but why would you put your dog in the trunk? What could he/she do to deserve such treatment?

I doubt that I could my dog to stop humping my wife's leg long enough to try this. :lol:
Toe and V65,

ROFLMAO....both those comments had me spewing! Hilarious!!

Border Collies.. as a well known animal trainer told me once 'I don't train BC's. I don't train any dog that's smarter than I am.'That second pix is great!

Nice dog and all, but that was a laugh out load 'funny' (to me). Thanks for the joke (that was a joke, wasn't it?)
DCarver and C&C,

Thanks for the compliments!

Rex

Last edited by a moderator: