And Here's ANOTHER Gripe about Gen III FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyday I thank my lucky stars for my Gen2. Now to add another Gen3 complaint I have been told today. Seems as though the side-stand has been reported to me to be to short increasing the lean angle on the Gen3 bikes when parked. They did a side by side comparison with his old Gen1 to make sure. With the lean angle increased it makes it harder when mounting the bike and getting it upright. Must be a real bitch if your 2up.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Happy Gen2 owner,
tonguesmiley.gif

Dave
The difference, if any is due to the stronger spring on the rear shock. And there is an easy fix available at a remarkably low price. There is a mechanical genius in Massachusetts who produces an aluminum "Big Foot" that enlarges the surface area of the kickstand AND adds the perfect bit of extra length as well. Have you heard of him?
rolleyes.gif

I honestly cannot find much to nitpick about the Gen3. I suppose if I rode it more or I knew more I might have more complaints. This is beyond any doubt the finest motorcycle I have ever had the honor to ride. Every time I ride it I reflect on how wonderful this bike is and how fortunate I am to own it.

While I have great respect for those loyal Gen1 and Gen2 owners who prefer the simplicity of their controls, I would not trade. Whatever time is required to RTFM is well worth it.

My only complaint is the taillight. I'm sure it's brighter, high-tech an all but I like the 05 taillight better.

Old-school red stop light and yellow blinkers lenses is a minor thing but is more attractive imo.

​SacramentoMike: If you hit the reset button (need photo instructions?) all your info will show up again -- including "Range" that counts down below 20 miles.

Nice to meet you in Montrose, sir. If you need me to demonstrate how to do it, I can meet you in Hooverville. That's close to halfway, right?

ionbeam posted: I did just notice a couple of weeks ago that the afore mentioned display also says, "See you next time" when you turn the key off.
Noticed that almost immediately, and used it in my signature for a very short time. Nice to know that our Gen3 cyber-bikes have a personality!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he does live south of the mason dixon so that should tell you something I know it does me. :innocent:
Yep...life long southerner. Don't let the accent fool ya. :D

So waddaumean by dat? U tryin to start sumpin? You hates everybody? Kalifornicans, dose guyz from da sout? Spit it out...watsamattaforu?