Another Saddlebag Story

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stose85

Reaction score
So I came across this video today while perusing youtube for new FJR videos.

I've got my bike all torn apart after changing the spark plugs. I've ordered a set of air induction plates and after installation I will sync the throttle bodies. So I figured I have only time to kill so I'll check the screws that hold the lock in place on the saddlebags. I went to Lowe's and purchased a security torx #10 and went back home. Turns out I didn't need the torx head because I pulled the screws out by hand! I can't believe I didn't have a major failure already. There really wasn't anything holding them in place. They obviously didn't have any loctite added to them. I went to Fastenal and got a set of metric allen heads and added some blue loctite to keep them in place. Piece of mind and only a few minutes on install time. I would recommend that EVERYONE check their bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend that EVERYONE check their bags.
<sarcasm>If only we had a way on the forum of letting people know when they first sign up to read through somewhere that lists important things to look at on the FJR....</sarcasm>

Oh yeah, we do!

The reminder that everybody agrees to have read through when they sign up and linked and pinned #16 of many others in the New Owners Read This section. You might be interested in #1-#15 and #17+ for more ideas!
wink.png

WELL PIECE OF CRAP!
fool.gif

I looked/searched before posting but obviously not hard enough....

WELL PIECE OF CRAP!
fool.gif

Nevermind!
No, don't say, "Nevermind!"

Say, "Wow! That's a cool area of the forum. I'm going to check it out and hope others do too that glossed over the terms page when I signed up." ;)

Just realize I'm a cranky old admin that has never been a fan of videos that swell 30 seconds of useful information into 7 minute of pain.

You don't even have to use the search function.

Just peruse through the bin o facts. Lots of good stuff from other FJROwners through the years, quite a vast warehouse of good info since the early 2000s.

But thanks for sharing, because it IS common for the dealers to fuck up and omit doing that during setup...thus the Bin.

WELL PIECE OF CRAP!
fool.gif

Nevermind!
No, don't say, "Nevermind!"

Say, "Wow! That's a cool area of the forum. I'm going to check it out and hope others do too that glossed over the terms page when I signed up."
wink.png

Just realize I'm a cranky old admin that has never been a fan of videos that swell 30 seconds of useful information into 7 minute of pain.
That is a COOL piece of the forum that was very helpful. I believe I read "Mostly pertains to 03-05" and my brain went SKIP IT haha.

Regarding the video if the presenter doesn't say uh or um 8000 times I'm good. If they start with that business I don't hear anything other than uh or um and I start counting to see if they can reach astronomically high numbers

WELL PIECE OF CRAP!
fool.gif

Nevermind!

Thanks anyway for erring on the side of caution and taking the time to alert your fellow riders. I too have long given up on trying to find something specific using this site's search function or Google's site specific. The downside is, even when you do find a thread related to your topic, you have to wade through miles and miles of banter to find the one that actually is related to thread subject.

It's too bad the forum police don't remind users of posting pointless drivel or quoting entire pages for a 3 word response as often as they use...ahem, sarcasm.

Some of us do recognize the gesture
smile.png

WELL PIECE OF CRAP!
fool.gif

Nevermind!

Thanks anyway for erring on the side of caution and taking the time to alert your fellow riders. I too have long given up on trying to find something specific using this site's search function or Google's site specific. The downside is, even when you do find a thread related to your topic, you have to wade through miles and miles of banter to find the one that actually is related to thread subject.

It's too bad the forum police don't remind users of posting pointless drivel or quoting entire pages for a 3 word response as often as they use...ahem, sarcasm.

Some of us do recognize the gesture
smile.png
Very well put and I do agree. I am getting better at specific commands using the search feature but there sure is a lot of sarcasm. That's why I like it here so much! Thank you for the understanding. I'm very glad I found the video and checked the issue. Here I am going over the bike with a fine tooth comb and I almost missed something that had the potential to cost a lot of money and possibly cause an accident if I was riding with other motorcycles.

Post up some pics of your bike and all will be good.Really!

smile.png
She's half naked but I thought you guys would go for that kind of thing
brunette.gif
I did get the Cee Bailey installed today though...

13173708_1330801590279621_6797094666457729314_n.jpg

Meh...A good, "Loctite your saddlebags thread every now and then is probably a good thing. Catches everybody up, cuz honestly, very few of us read all the required reading when joining. I did, simply because I like knowing the rules and how stuff works. Others, like my beautiful wife, fly by the seat of their pants.

Oh well...Glad you caught them before one jumped off. That's an expensive mistake.

AND, regarding that video, Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha...Just from the comments, I knew who it was. That guy could make a video about taking a dump a 4 hour affair with only 3 minutes of content. I'll NEVER watch anything he posts. I'd rather figure it out on my own than hear him talk just to hear himself talk.

Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha...Just from the comments, I knew who it was. That guy could make a video about taking a dump a 4 hour affair with only 3 minutes of content. I'll NEVER watch anything he posts. I'd rather figure it out on my own than hear him talk just to hear himself talk.

That's the best comment I've seen yet hahaha
biggrinsmiley.gif

Latest posts