Anti-Rotational Helmet - 70% better protection....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is god damned hilarious..... I hope Ralph Nader is a forum member

thank you for headrests and seat belts and air bags and and and

What is your problem with Lazer helmets? Be specific.
They don't cost enough. :dntknw:

Seriously. This Arai or Shoei or nothing has to be the stupidest argument ever. What about Nolan? Schuberth? AGV? Scorpion? Icon? Shark? etc etc etc

All shit eh? They didn't pass the same tests as the almighty Arai or Shoei?

WTF is this guy a troll? Or that squid we all see in the summer with his shiny Arai on with tank top flip flops and shorts?

no troll, just stating what i think and what the helmet house told me. They are the largest supplier to the all the dealers. Just had a great conversation about the different brands last week at the dealer show in Indy

I suspect the dealers may be a little biased by the larger mark-up a 'premium' helmet allows. What makes it premium ? Typically a matter of perception largely based on marketing which you also pay for.

"no troll, just stating what i think and what the helmet house told me. They are the largest supplier to the all the dealers. Just had a great conversation about the different brands last week at the dealer show in Indy"

Sounds like you have not done your own research or have any of your own thoughts on the subject. What you "think" and "what the helmet house told me" are pretty much identical.

It wasn't all that long ago that one of the magazines did some helmet testing and it was one of the less expensive brands that did the best. I have an Aria because the dealer special ordered it and the guy backed out so after it sat on the shelf for a long time I got it for cost. Don't like the go fast paint job but I can't see it once its on.

this is god damned hilarious..... I hope Ralph Nader is a forum member
thank you for headrests and seat belts and air bags and and and
Why is discussing the merits or deficiencies of a new helmet technology "god damned hilarious"? Isn't that what forums are? Headrests and seat belts and air bags are bad things?

The hilarity is found in the notion that Arai should be a standard bearer.

I'd love to own a 64 Impala, but wouldn't feel safe in it.

"no troll, just stating what i think and what the helmet house told me. They are the largest supplier to the all the dealers. Just had a great conversation about the different brands last week at the dealer show in Indy"
Sounds like you have not done your own research or have any of your own thoughts on the subject. What you "think" and "what the helmet house told me" are pretty much identical.

so you are the expert now. I'm involved with the motorcycle industry so I just don't go with what i hear. The dealer show is for dealers only. No plain old folks like you. You can't buy tickets. Shoei and Arai are the best protection period. Research shows it.

you pick, car wreck in a bmw, a chevy (obama motors) or a kia? Not based on sticker, but technology and safety. You pick.

[SIZE=18pt]TROLL* ALERT!!![/SIZE] :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so you are the expert now. I'm involved with the motorcycle industry so I just don't go with what i hear. The dealer show is for dealers only. No plain old folks like you. You can't buy tickets. Shoei and Arai are the best protection period. Research shows it.

you pick, car wreck in a bmw, a chevy (obama motors) or a kia? Not based on sticker, but technology and safety. You pick.
Too classic!!! :lol: :lol:

Bow down, now all. FlyingTrollz is just better'n the rest of us judging by this and the radar detector thread. Too bad it ain't Friday until tomorrow.

Is this clown kidding? Or only 16 yo? Whatever part of the motorcycle industry he's "involved with", it cannot possible be either public relations or tech! LMAO

*without substantial facts to relate

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, if you had read research commissioned by Motorcyclist magazine a few years ago, you'd have seen that Arai and Shoei (and any helmet with the pre-2010 Snell rating) did not offer the best protection, because they allow too much force in an impact to reach the head. Notions built on nothing can be very expensive to hold.

Actually, if you had read research commissioned by Motorcyclist magazine a few years ago, you'd have seen that Arai and Shoei (and any helmet with the pre-2010 Snell rating) did not offer the best protection, because they allow too much force in an impact to reach the head. Notions built on nothing can be very expensive to hold.
+1

Part of that report/testing said very clearly that one can't predict the type of impact that would occur in each accident. If we could do that, we could pick what type of helmet to wear the day we are gonna crash.

The uber hard Snell approved helmets have been proven to add to the severity certain types of injury in a crash, if you crash the "wrong" way.

Scoff if you want, I find this interesting. Bike technology has improved and changed over the years, as well as tire tech etc. It's about bloody time we got some real improvement in safety gear. Spinal cord and brain stem injury isn't something one bounces back from. If it can possibly be minimized?

As for trusting what Shoei and Arai salesfolks have to say? Oh, kiss my ass.....

Most of those guys barely know how helmets are supposed to fit, let alone about industry studies etc. They just regurgitate the company supplied rhetoric in order to gain sales. One guy at the Seattle Bike Show, who was pointed out to be "the guy" to talk to about helmets, didn't even know that the liners in Arai can/should be customized optimum fit/comfort for the wearer at no cost to the buyer. He just thought being able to remove the liner was for ease of laundering the it.

I have a Shoei, cuz I like it and it fit well, and I got a screaming deal on it. NOT because I think having that brand sticker on my forehead is going to protect me all that much better than the Icon Mainframe I had when I started riding. That Icon fit like a glove and had the BEST venting system ever.

I am hoping one day we will all have access to gear that will afford us better protection if we crash.

This guy seems to be on the right track about what type of injury/movement to try and minimize. I am interested to see where he gets to with ECE 22.05 certification.

+1

Part of that report/testing said very clearly that one can't predict the type of impact that would occur in each accident. If we could do that, we could pick what type of helmet to wear the day we are gonna crash.

The uber hard Snell approved helmets have been proven to add to the severity certain types of injury in a crash, if you crash the "wrong" way.

Scoff if you want, I find this interesting. Bike technology has improved and changed over the years, as well as tire tech etc. It's about bloody time we got some real improvement in safety gear. Spinal cord and brain stem injury isn't something one bounces back from. If it can possibly be minimized?

As for trusting what Shoei and Arai salesfolks have to say? Oh, kiss my ass.....

Most of those guys barely know how helmets are supposed to fit, let alone about industry studies etc. They just regurgitate the company supplied rhetoric in order to gain sales. One guy at the Seattle Bike Show, who was pointed out to be "the guy" to talk to about helmets, didn't even know that the liners in Arai can/should be customized optimum fit/comfort for the wearer at no cost to the buyer. He just thought being able to remove the liner was for ease of laundering the it.

I have a Shoei, cuz I like it and it fit well, and I got a screaming deal on it. NOT because I think having that brand sticker on my forehead is going to protect me all that much better than the Icon Mainframe I had when I started riding. That Icon fit like a glove and had the BEST venting system ever.

I am hoping one day we will all have access to gear that will afford us better protection if we crash.

This guy seems to be on the right track about what type of injury/movement to try and minimize. I am interested to see where he gets to with ECE 22.05 certification.
Ditto!!!

Let me guess. You are the tire and bulb changer down at Ralphs Haus of Motorcycles and Tanning Salon. Seriously, you need to link to some of that "research". Until then you are just a kid stamping your little feet and insisting you are right just because you are.

[SIZE=18pt]TROLL* ALERT!!![/SIZE] :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Too classic!!! :lol: :lol:

Bow down, now all. FlyingTrollz is just better'n the rest of us judging by this and the radar detector thread. Too bad it ain't Friday until tomorrow.

Is this clown kidding? Or only 16 yo? Whatever part of the motorcycle industry he's "involved with", it cannot possible be either public relations or tech! LMAO

*without substantial facts to relate
:drinks: I'll drink to that :good: ...Hey flying06 :bb: ...your turn