Anti-Rotational Helmet - 70% better protection....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this a while back and I think it makes a lot of sense. I wish developments like this one, and the rear-vision technology of the Reevu helmet--could be used by other manufacturers so we could try these slick features on a variety of helmets. I couldn't send away for a new helmet just for a single feature like these without knowing a lot more about the helmet itself, like protection, comfort, etc. And of course, for me, I wish they'd put it all on a good quality modular helmet too. And one that sells for a reasonable price, since I'm dreaming anyway.

Saw this a while back and I think it makes a lot of sense. I wish developments like this one, and the rear-vision technology of the Reevu helmet--could be used by other manufacturers so we could try these slick features on a variety of helmets. I couldn't send away for a new helmet just for a single feature like these without knowing a lot more about the helmet itself, like protection, comfort, etc. And of course, for me, I wish they'd put it all on a good quality modular helmet too. And one that sells for a reasonable price, since I'm dreaming anyway.
garbage imo. Nothing buy Shoei or Arai on my head. Talk the guys who sell all the brands and ask them about protection. They only say two are at the top.

garbage imo. Nothing buy Shoei or Arai on my head. Talk the guys who sell all the brands and ask them about protection. They only say two are at the top.
Uh-huh :dribble:

Who was that NASCAR driver that refused to use that new head restraint system that protects drivers from having their brain stem snapped off in violent impacts, even though wearing a good helmet. Oh yeah, it was Dale Ernhardt, I think. New technology? Nah, he didn't need it. Now it's required equipment. But I guess he gave his life so others could live.

Who was that NASCAR driver that refused to use that new head restraint system that protects drivers from having their brain stem snapped off in violent impacts, even though wearing a good helmet. Oh yeah, it was Dale Ernhardt, I think. New technology? Nah, he didn't need it. Now it's required equipment. But I guess he gave his life so others could live.
Just like Sweet Baby Jesus!

0.jpg

"They" also say those that can't think outside of the box end up sufficating.

Your lack of real knowledge here is amusing. There is no evidence that any helmet other than the two you mentioned does not do it's intended job if it has the same ratining.

The tests do show significantly less rotation using this technology and I hope to see more testing before I would even think about calling it garbage...but that's me.

KM

Just like Sweet Baby Jesus!

0.jpg
You would think so, the way his memory is worshiped.

Those with an Arai or Shoei can jack this technology by surrounding their helmets with an inverted plastic fishbowl mounted to a lazy susan. Or maybe wait for Arai and Shoei to adopt this technology in next years helmet line. <_<

Thank you KM. And my point, if you read my post, is: wouldn't it be nice if they put this new covering material and/or the mirror system into an Arai or a Shoei, or any other brand? Plus I disagree about there only being two "good" helmet brands out there, but that's for a thread in NEPRT.

Interesting concept. Depending on point of impact, seems like it might also reduce or prevent sheer between the two halves of the brain...another bad effect.

I think Shoei and Arai have anti rotational paint... that's the only reason I see for their out of this world pricing...

lazer helmets....... are you for real? Come on guys. Do the research. $350 or whatever it was for the helmet and technology? Go ahead, wrap your head in it. Better yet, put on a open face.

lazer helmets....... are you for real? Come on guys. Do the research. $350 or whatever it was for the helmet and technology? Go ahead, wrap your head in it. Better yet, put on a open face.
What is your problem with Lazer helmets? Be specific.

What is your problem with Lazer helmets? Be specific.
They don't cost enough. :dntknw:

Seriously. This Arai or Shoei or nothing has to be the stupidest argument ever. What about Nolan? Schuberth? AGV? Scorpion? Icon? Shark? etc etc etc

All shit eh? They didn't pass the same tests as the almighty Arai or Shoei?

WTF is this guy a troll? Or that squid we all see in the summer with his shiny Arai on with tank top flip flops and shorts?