Any discount Held vendors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penforhire

Reaction score
My Held Profi gloves are near the end of their life. Some of my 'roo skin is cracking open after about three years. My fault, hard life. And I'm a fool for not buying a set at half-off when New Enough dumped their remaining stock last year.

Anyway, while I am looking for left-overs in size 10 I am also checking out Held's replacement for the Profi, the Sprint model. For my riding, all street, I think I like the changes. Riveted palm heel and a other points change to kevlar-ceramic blend sections and the fit is better, not such a frankenstein finger length as before. Meanwhile the thin 'roo palm remains, which is what I like best about it (feel and dexterity at controls).

So far I haven't found any on-line sources cheaper than the $199 my local BMW dealer wants (where I bought my Profis originally, so I give them enough of my cash). Not any cheaper at New Enough or anywhere else I checked. Any hot sources for Sprint gloves?

Thanks for any tips!

I just got a pair of the Akira from newenough (and sent a buck to ST.n) after an exhaustive in'nernet search. There are no 'deals' to be found on current models. Bupkis. I did find that Parts411 had them for cheap, but was advised by another board member that P411 is not an authorized Held dealer and cannot make good on providing the gloves - at any price.

My advice would be to support your local dealer as he seems to have the best price anyway. I would have done the same except my locals don't carry Held.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did find that Parts411 had them for cheap, but was advised by another board member that P411 is not an authorized Held dealer and cannot make good on providing the gloves - at any price.
That is indeed the case.

I don't want to start a debate on the merits of a particular brand of gloves over another (becasue I agree Held is the benchmark), but would like to recommend a pair of gloves that I recently purchased and have found truly outstanding in many respects. These are the Scorpion Magnum EXO gloves. (Link to the product on New Enough is not an endorsement. They simply have more pictures.) Excellent fit (almost a second skin), very nicely made with an exceptionally reasonable price for the quality and fit.

Thanks guys. I'll check out your tips.

Gloves are a funny thing. I'll look at others but you just get used to something and everything else feels wrong. I think my all-time favs were BMW "Indian Summer" gloves, leather and Goretex three-season design (Goretex gauntlet totally rocked). Can't find 'em any more and they weren't as protective as the Helds I like now.

On the coldest days I love my electric Gerbings G3's. I figure the extra dexterity versus unpowered winter gloves is a fair trade for their obvious so-so crash protection. Just got some Aerostitich Tripl Digit rain covers because that was my only complaint so far, wet but warm hands. :)

Don't suppose you've ever seen the Held Akira Tex II in the US, have you? I liked that one, my pair was a 1/2 size too small. Was trying to find a US vendor to get them, but the only hits I can find in google are in the UK (or europe). which is a bit pricey against USD.

I'm not familiar with the "Indian Summer" gloves you mention, but the Akira Tex II sound similar....

The cheapest place I found Held gloves was at the Held booth at the Barbers superbike race. He had a trailer full with every size/syle to try on. I would look for a show/race where they're going and plan to attend.

Don't make the mistake I did and try them on, walk away and never get back there. (Duh)