Anybody buy a 2012 yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just "mixing the pot" a bit between the I's and II's, and since when does telling the truth matter in America anymore? :) No one wants to hear the stinking the truth! :p There is some real loyalty in this group, I think it's just plain denial with some. :blink:

PS the info used in the ground spider comment was gained from the pole taken on this forum as too who was effected and what was added to load on the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex, I'll try "Tell It Like It Is" ... for 600.

1.jpg
What is ........" having to buy a second engine just to keep your Gen 1 off the scrap heap"?

biggrin.gif

What is ........" having to buy a second engine just to keep your Gen 1 off the scrap heap"?

biggrin.gif
Three Gen 1 FJRs with cylinder head damaged caused by camchain tensioner failures = statistical anomaly...

Thousands and thousands of Gen II FJRs with bad ECUs, bad ignition switches, bad grounding systems = designed in "refinement"?

I'll take my "bad luck" over your "designed-to-fail" any day of the week.

Oh, don't forget, YOUR Gen II has the SAME POS CCT in it that the Gen I has = zero-return design.

Good luck with THAT!

biggrin.gif
Three Gen 1 FJRs with cylinder head damaged caused by camchain tensioner failures = statistical anomaly...

Thousands and thousands of Gen II FJRs with bad ECUs, bad ignition switches, bad grounding systems = designed in "refinement"?

I'll take my "bad luck" over your "designed-to-fail" any day of the week.

Oh, don't forget, YOUR Gen II has the SAME POS CCT in it that the Gen I has = zero-return design.

Good luck with THAT!
Howie, These are all things that when taken care of. Ugly Can't be Fixed!! :rolleyes: The Gen II's are still Waaaay Prettier! :lol: :p

I'll take a G2. Oh wait, I did :)

In serious thought, I would have liked the savings to buy an older G1 but knowing Yami is not 'that' stupid to put out something that superceeds an older model with a less superior product. It happens once in a blue moon but if the Mfgr wants to stay accountable it's fixed within the next model year. Once bitten twice shy baby and you screw the moose; you squish his balls.

On my car purchase I did awhile ago.... do I want an older Gen '07 Caddi CTS or a new gen one like a '11 or '12.

-I'll take door #2 Mr. Hall

Gen I owners are proud as they should be. When Gen3's come out, I will still be proud of my G2 but I know the 3's will have T&T (time & technology) and in powersports that means alot.

Did someone mention "Mustang II"?

1974-mustang-ii_red.jpg
Ah, it is always such a really fine pleasure to hear from our very own FJR Forum "Mr. Congeniality": RadioHowie. Like a turd in a punchbowl or a fart in an elevator, RH always strives to please!

Last edited by a moderator: