Anybody Mount a Givi TRK52N TREKKER On Their FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT Pedersen

Reaction score
Greetings,

My '10, with OEM top trunk and mounting plate is succumbing to the all-too-common FJR stress cracks drama. Wish I had been aware of the stress cracks before getting the OEM trunk. While researching all manner of other issues in the forum, going down miles' deep rat holes, who would naturally think, "I should search to see if my $800 accessory kit is a known OEM POS"? Real shame, I generally like it, save for the weird space ratios<g>.

I 'may' cobble together a solution for my mount plate (trunk's fine, thus far), but reading through the forum it's very clear: there's no permanent solution.

Researching alternative top trunks, I find I really like the Givi TRK52N Trekker. It's raw utilitarian appearance is oddly appealing. Searching the web, and the forum specifically, I have not found any images of a Trekker on a FJR.

Has anyone here put one of these units on their FJR? Any pictures to share or point to?

Thanks in advance.

Hi kamal,

Had seen that link. Thanks, but don't think that's for me:).

Once the cold rain clears out, I'm thinking a trip :)45 ride) to my nearest Givi dealer's in store. Curious to see the beast in-person and get their thoughts.

Will admit, yesterday, I went to look at my 'basically new' top trunk. With about 10K miles on it, it clearly is showing hints of pending failure precisely in line with what's been discussed in the forum. Between pending trunk failure, a mount that has failed, and concerns about the tail bulkhead's issues, I am underwhelmed to say the least. I'm thinking I'll likely make some basic repairs until I get a Givi solution. But, long term, I'm not even going to expend the effort trying anything permanent; the forum discussions have shown there is no permanent solution.

More $$.