Anyone Have Inside Scoop On Delivery?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpalamaro

Reaction score
Presume someone must have some inside scoop on the FJR1300 2006 delivery schedule. My dealer asserts that they know nothing (which I am sure is true), but someone must know something more.

DOES THE MAY 2006 LOOK REAL? Or, does Yamaha usually beat/or exceed their published delivery schedule?

Ah, grasshopper....you ask for answer to one of greatest mysteries of universe....quick as you can... snatch the pebble from my hand :ph34r:

Now, before you rearn answer, you must pass test of devotion....

Go to rarge caurdron hording boiring oir and pick up with bare hands and chest

You must not make sound whire doing this...then srowry put down. If you make sound, you wirr be rabered a nancy-boy and forced to ride Vespa for arr eternity! You wirr find answer in yourserf :assasin:

Ah, grasshopper....you ask for answer to one of greatest mysteries of universe....quick as you can... snatch the pebble from my hand :ph34r: Now, before you rearn answer, you must pass test of devotion....

Go to rarge caurdron hording boiring oir and pick up with bare hands and chest

You must not make sound whire doing this...then srowry put down. If you make sound, you wirr be rabered a nancy-boy and forced to ride Vespa for arr eternity! You wirr find answer in yourserf :assasin:
:haha:

..., does Yamaha usually beat/or exceed their published delivery schedule?
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Yea, sure....... just keep telling yourself that. :haha:

Dealer told me March for " A " and May for " AE ".
That's what the dealer told me as well. However in talking to him about deliveries in general he said that there was such a demand for the new 600cc 17,500 rpm R6 that the new FZ1 production was delayed to May and there was only 2 going to most dealers.

Things change all the time at Yammerhammer. However last year I was promised an 05 in May having ordered it in January and it arrived May 17th.

My AE has been promised for May but I ordered it 6 weeks ago so am way up there on list.

Historically Yammy has played it safe on estimated delivery dates. From their perspective they pretty much have to since there are a lot of forces at work that are outside of their control. As such, on average, deliveries come in before the actual promised date (which Yammy seldom gives as anything more than a month without a specific day).

However even being conservative can't compensate for the extreme situations like:

1. A dealer gives an earlier delivery to a buddy and makes excuses about why someone's bike is late in arriving.

2. A shipping strike that delays entire blocks of deliveries.

[both have been documented in the past]

Expect to start hearing about deliveries within the last few days of the month they are scheduled for release. The wait certainly stinks, but, they do a pretty good job of hitting the right month.

If they're going to miss, there will probably be a bunch of advanced warning.

It would be awesome to get an update, the wait is driving me crazy as I am sure it is many of you. My wife kids around with me about it because it's been too cold to ride in St. Louis for the most part anyway. I told her if mine came in tomorrow I'd go pick it up wearing a T-Shirt :p

I know my local dealer said they'll get here when they get here:) He wasn't being sarcastic, he was being honest. He pointed out a 2006 quad runner that was showing up on his incoming shipments from another manufacturer that was not due until next spring.

From what I understand it was even worse in the past. Many dealers will order in bikes in their own names to get them in early in the delivery cycle and then sell them as floor models.

It could be worse, at least it is cold up here in my neck of the woods so I really can't ride now anyway. Think of what it must be like for those poor souls who live down in Florida.

JS

Yamama has been known to deliver early. Congressmen have been known to tell the truth. Neither is likely. More likely it'll be late. Just forget about it when you're not buying farkles. It'll come as a nice surprise.

Add 3 months to what you are told. Fact.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet! While some dealers are grossly uninformed and might give you a bogus date, it is a fact that the FJRs have been mostly delivered on time in the month promised, or early. Of course, if this was a post just to bait the poor waiters, guess I got caught, too. :dribble:

Did anyone here a "click-click-click"?

Penn~Reels~web.jpg

Add 3 months to what you are told. Fact.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet! While some dealers are grossly uninformed and might give you a bogus date, it is a fact that the FJRs have been mostly delivered on time in the month promised, or early. Of course, if this was a post just to bait the poor waiters, guess I got caught, too. :dribble:
Fact:

I placed my order on the 1st day of the PDP. I was the 4th to do so at my dealer that morning.

Fact:

Dealer said to expect delivery early June.

Fact:

Yamaha CS in Cypress confirmed this via email.

Fact:

June came, June went.

Fact:

July came, July went.

Fact:

August came, and damn near went. Bike arrived the last week of August '04.

Fact:

Not quite, but damn near 3 months late in delivery.

Fact:

Ain't fishin', just stating personal experience. Enjoy the wait. I hope yours arrives as promised.

:fuck: ;)