Anyone Have Inside Scoop On Delivery?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope mine gets here in time to break it in and farkle it some before the big ride to WFO5. That's all I ask. In the mean time, I'm glad I have my '04 to ride, otherwise I'd be going nuts.

Hurry up and wait.... :clap:

Ain't fishin', just stating personal experience. Enjoy the wait. I hope yours arrives as promised.
Don't worry about me, I got mine on time as promised! Sorry yours took longer, as there were some notable exceptions. But take a look at the waiters lists compiled by HMarc and you'll see the majority were on time.

2005 order/delivery dates

2004 order/delivery dates

2003 deliveries sucked, as a dock strike in the US affected many deliveries, but still most were on time.

For 2006 waiters, its great sport to get in the game by posting your information:

2006 orders...

By the way, for you noobs, HMarc maintains one of the great FJR websites there at micapeak.com, so check it out. It will make the waiting easier--NOT!

Last edited by a moderator:
The micapeak.com listing for the '05 bikes confirms what we're talking about. Early February orders were to be delivered in June. I see none listed as being delivered in June. 7/16 seems to be the earliest delivery...

Ordered my 2005 on 2/19/05. I was told to expect delivery in June. Called at the end of March to get an update, and was told more likely July. They called me 6/5 and told me it was in, set up and ready to be picked up. Maybe someone backed out and I got theirs, or maybe they had ordered one earlier on spec ( Mother Yamaha had told me my shop had 2 on order) but I didn't bother to ask- the VIN on the bike matched the VIN on the paperwork with my name on it, and the keys worked, so I took it.

February sound good? Local dealer hear has ordered an A and 2 AE's and expects them in late Feb. He has no PDP orders. Now that is for Canada. The word is for USA models, the detuned versions, will be sometime in late June.

The micapeak.com listing for the '05 bikes confirms what we're talking about. Early February orders were to be delivered in June. I see none listed as being delivered in June.
Dude, there are NO June estimated delivery dates on that 2005 delivery list. Your dealer might have told you June, Cypress might have told you June, but HMarc's list (info provided by several other bonafide waiters) shows JULY as the promised date, and for the most part, they came in. This is a fairly substantial sample.

90% = ON TIME, or a couple weeks into next month.

BTW, for waiters, here's an interesting tidbit from HMarc's 2006 list:

"Note: Harry Armitage reports on 11/05/2005 that the PDP order period will close the end of December, 2005 and that order acknowledgements will go out in Feburary of 2006 with the first deliveries commencing in April of 2006."

Maybe something has changed since that update, but this indicates the dealer (or Cypress) can't give a delivery month at this time. Of course, that might not stop them from promising something. It seems like 6 months from time of order to delivery is a good rule of thumb.

Good luck. Waiting sucks for most people. :ph34r:

I should read more closely, eh? Whoops! But, This was the case for me and many others who posted of delays... Aww, WTF. I'll shut up now and go for a ride... :blink:

Darn, and I originally really hoped you were just casting a juicy bait out for the USA waiter class of '06.

Anyway, I agree there have been notable exceptions to on time delivery, so waiters can continue to wonder and worry, continue to........what else.........waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt..... :bigeyes:

Welll, pilgrims. So far I read a lot of heat and see very little light. And tht's the way its been every year.

Bottom line: They get here when they get here. Everything else is supposition and opinion.

Waiters, welcome to the club. Almost every member on the board has had to wait, so we wile away the time by "fishing" the teeming waters. We have the lure (we ride our FJRs) and you are the game. That's the way has been and will continue. So, take up knitting or needle point, but you will drive yourself crazy trying to figure this our by logic and deduction.

Just be thankful that none of the detuned French engines should come with the first lot.

Just be thankful that none of the detuned French engines should come with the first lot.

Oh me oh my don't tell me Yamaha is even thinking of sending in detuned engines to the US of A.

Stopped at my dealer today. After wading through isles of snowmobiles and quads I asked the parts people if I could get an 06 shop manual. Nope! They don't have the parts fiche for 06 yet.

Talked to the manager to see if she had a delivery date. Nope! But she said Yamaha says the ordering window closed Nov. 29th and they said they will have delivery estimates in a week or so. FWIW

Wasn't the order period supposed to expire after a predetermined amount of units were sold or December 29th? You sure she isn't off by a month?

I know a lot of folks were hinting that the bike may sell out although my local dealer said that wasn't likely.

JS

Ah, grasshopper....you ask for answer to one of greatest mysteries of universe....quick as you can... snatch the pebble from my hand :ph34r: Now, before you rearn answer, you must pass test of devotion....

Go to rarge caurdron hording boiring oir and pick up with bare hands and chest

You must not make sound whire doing this...then srowry put down. If you make sound, you wirr be rabered a nancy-boy and forced to ride Vespa for arr eternity! You wirr find answer in yourserf :assasin:
Took the rords right out my mout... :ph34r:

Ordered my 2005 on 2/19/05. I was told to expect delivery in June. Called at the end of March to get an update, and was told more likely July. They called me 6/5 and told me it was in, set up and ready to be picked up. Maybe someone backed out and I got theirs, or maybe they had ordered one earlier on spec ( Mother Yamaha had told me my shop had 2 on order) but I didn't bother to ask- the VIN on the bike matched the VIN on the paperwork with my name on it, and the keys worked, so I took it.
Ahh, I been rooking for my bike. You give back, yes?

Stopped at my dealer today. After wading through isles of snowmobiles and quads I asked the parts people if I could get an 06 shop manual. Nope! They don't have the parts fiche for 06 yet.
Talked to the manager to see if she had a delivery date. Nope! But she said Yamaha says the ordering window closed Nov. 29th and they said they will have delivery estimates in a week or so. FWIW
Okay, serious for a moment. Was that manager speaking for the order period everywhere? Or just your shop/state maybe? If it's everywhere, I'm going to be really proud of myself for getting in a couple of weeks ago instead of waiting 'til December like I had originally planned.

Hot Off The Presses for '06 waiters. Houston, We Have A Problem!

container.jpg

Okay, serious for a moment. Was that manager speaking for the order period everywhere? Or just your shop/state maybe? If it's everywhere, I'm going to be really proud of myself for getting in a couple of weeks ago instead of waiting 'til December like I had originally planned.
The manager told me they recieved a "notice from Yamaha" that fjr orders were closed for this year.

As far as when they originally said they would take orders until Dec. 31 OR when sold out...well maybe they are sold out.

She also said the dealership ordered 10 R6"s and will only get two. But I understand all dealerships are only getting 2. Seems everybody wants that 17,000 RPM dude!

It's hard for me to understand why they just don't ramp up and make more bikes. Isn't that their business? Or maybe they are just busy creating the mystique of the HARD TO FIND Yamaha's. After all, if they are that hard to get, they must be really good right?

I think you did really good to order when you did. I also asked her if they would take more orders in the spring and she didn't think so but who knows?