Anyone Here On Long Island Have an 06 and knows ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maywannayamaha1300

Reaction score
how to install a power commander or other neat farkles like the audiovox cruise control? I'm in Nassau County. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
how to install a power commander or other neat farkles like the audiovox cruise control? I'm in Nassau County. Thank You.
i have an '06 and i don't really know on long island who can install audiovox cruise. i think a guy in

stl louis does it. i bought a throttlemeister but didn't install .. might return it and get the madco one

for $100. don't trust long island dealers at all especially the one in mineola. i take my bike to

alternative on sunrise highway in freeport.

i'm in nassau also in west hempstead.

i didn't know there were so many long islanders with FJR's. the best place to bring your bikes to is crazy freddy's in massapequa. ask for jeramiha ferro. he was one on my techs when i worked for h-d. he is one of the best guys you could have working on your bike, as he is very good. if i needed any work that i couldn't handle myself, he's the guy i would go see. the other guy is jimmy at crazy freddy's in commack. if you see jeramiha tell him joe depinto sent you. trust me he will do the right thing.

Sweet , Look at the power commander web site (use google) and they have install destructions. too simple to need a dealer or mech... But having a great tech is worth its weight in gold

Good question

i didn't know there were so many long islanders with FJR's. the best place to bring your bikes to is crazy freddy's in massapequa. ask for jeramiha ferro. he was one on my techs when i worked for h-d. he is one of the best guys you could have working on your bike, as he is very good. if i needed any work that i couldn't handle myself, he's the guy i would go see. the other guy is jimmy at crazy freddy's in commack. if you see jeramiha tell him joe depinto sent you. trust me he will do the right thing.
Thanks for the tip, Joe. Of all the members who own FJRs on the Island, you're the first one whose been able to recommend a service tech.

John

Thanks for the tip on the service guy from crazy freddies. The guy that sold me the bike (previously of NY Motorcycle) now works there as a sales mgr. ...Jimmy. I will consider letting them do some work....Thanks Joe. Has anyone put the power commander in themselves around here and would not mind overseeing my own install?

Thanks for the tip on the service guy from crazy freddies. The guy that sold me the bike (previously of NY Motorcycle) now works there as a sales mgr. ...Jimmy. I will consider letting them do some work....Thanks Joe. Has anyone put the power commander in themselves around here and would not mind overseeing my own install?
That's funny. I bought my FJR from Crazy Freddie's (Jimmy) and he was the same guy who sold me my VStar 1100 in 03 at NY Motorcycle. I was haggling with the salesman about the price and when going to the financing dept I said the manager look familiar and that's when I remembered he was my salesman on my other bike.

i've done a few, if your close, and we can find a time good for both of us, i could come over, and make sure your doing it right. the hard part is making sure you have the right mapping. do you have a lap top??

Installing the PCIII is a seriously easy evolution. If you've lifted the tank before; it should take you about 30 minutes. It's completely plug and play w/ no splicing required. Download and print the instructions from the Dynojet website because the pics are in color and clearer. Below is a picture of the O2 sensor that you need to disconnect. This seems to be one of the stubling points for self installers.

O2Sensor008.jpg

O2Sensor006.jpg

Latest posts