Anyone in the Sacramento N.Cal area?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRK

Reaction score
Anyone in the Sac to Redding area interested in trying to plan a little day ride in the next month or so? Maybe up to Lassen or abouts?

Tons-O-NoCal'ers up your way. Pipe up folks.

Isn't Lassen Park closed in the winter?

Do Hwy 36, or 70, or 49, or the Quincy-LaPorte Rd., or 32 out of Chico to Chester, etc. or the plethora of other great twisties in NoCal. You know how awesome it is up there. :yahoo:

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Lassen is sorta snowed the hell in through most of winter.

FJRK, if you've a route in mind, and would like company, post it in this section and you'll likely

get some takers.

I understand it's best to give some notice - 2-3 weeks - but I can't confirm that.

It was a general "find some people to hang with" thing. I was giving much more than 5 mins. "little day ride in the next month or so"

Or maybe I misunderstood the replies.

I'm thinkin' them other fellers who gived there own upinion er prolly kee-rect.

Mostly we's be ridin' et sum lower down alty-toods. Most likely gunna be riding upper-down thru them Gold Kuntry usin' Hwy 49 es a base tuh ryde offen. Ennythin' higher en 5,000 foots es gunna bees reely cold en mebbe whyte, tew.

It was a general "find some people to hang with" thing. I was giving much more than 5 mins. "little day ride in the next month or so"
Old Michael is curiously and consistently announcing "group" rides about 5 minutes before he leaves for said ride... kind of an "in" joke. Just wait... ;)

FJRK, you have every right to be shocked at the treatment they're giving you here. They often pick on folks

who don't plan weeks ahead.

That Tyler gal is especially cruel.

(But, here she is, a while back, .... showing up just after dawn,......on short notice. ;) )

IMG_0603.jpg

If you were asking if we'll be riding in February, the answer is, "Yep!"

If you were asking if we'll be riding north and in the mountains, the answer is, "Probably not."

I'd imagine we'll be riding one of the "Flying Low" routes we normally do between Jackson and Auburn, keying off Hwy 49 through Volcano, Fiddletown, Plymouth and other lesser known "thriving" population centers.

Sadly, Tyler probably won't "tag along"...though her alter-ego might. ;)

[SIZE=8pt]Though she c-o-u-l-d show up in the convertible and pretend.[/SIZE]

I am in Folsom, if any of you guys are going to be out riding one of the few non rainy weekends we have in the winter, give me a shout, but not at 5:30AM in the morning, preferably the day earlier at least!

You can send me a PM on FJRForum and it pings my cell phone so I can check your messages. I don't feel like posting my phone # out here as the forum is open to search, but if any of you want it - PM me! :)

Let's ride! :)

Sam