Anyone interested?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groo

The Endless Font of Useless Knowledge...
Reaction score
I've been in the planning phases for completing the RAT (Ride Around Texas) early next year (probably the second or third weekend in March) for a while now. Today, I found out that the guy I was planning on doing it with is no longer interested. So I'm asking... anyone here in Texas want to give it a try? The plan was to start here in Houston at Midnight on Thursday or Friday, then go clockwise around the state, probably stopping the first night near Fort Davis, and the second night somewhere in the panhandle or thereabouts, then finishing up back in Houston on Day 3 (we had intended to do the shortest time allowed - 70 hours).

Let me know if you'd like to team up. I may do it solo if that's my only option, but would probably enjoy having someone(s) along with me. One note is that for the extreme version of this ride, you already have to have completed an IBA ride like a BBG, or similar. This is intended to be submitted to the IBA now that the inaugural RAT was held earlier this year. Just over 3K miles in 70 hours... piece of cake. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun! My March is always busy with Daytona but you never know I might be up for it or at least ride a leg of it.

WOW,I did the RAT in 05 with lone Star Biker Mag. but we did it on a week trip with lots of picture taking.Had put 37,400 miles on the 05 FJR and sold it last Monday and picked up the 07 FJR last Tuesday.Sound like you have a fun ride going.Here's a link to my photo site with my RAT pic's:

https://taz.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/80238

Since my original post, they moved the Ride The Rio meet to the same weekend, and I still don't have my Skyway-brand auxilliary tank, so this is probably going to be an '08 adventure at the earliest...

Latest posts