Anyone on here a Lawyer? Help...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Att Gen said they cant hold it if i have a parts and labor warrenty Here ...Im still waiting for the return call from the police. How was your ride home geezer? It was nice meeting you by the way

They cannot keep your car if they performed unauthorized repairs and want you to pay for them.

Did they file this as a warranty claim with the manufacturer?

At any rate, you should be able to drive your car out of there. The installer gets reimbursed from the manufacturer under your warranty.

Have they physically tried to stop you from taking your car? I would just show up with your spare key and tell them your there to pick up your car.

Don't offer the option of them keeping it. I don't think they have a leg to stand on. Just make sure you don't leave and come back later or they may do something else to your car while you're gone. If they have an issue with letting you leave with your car, call the police from there.

The Att Gen said they cant hold it if i have a parts and labor warrenty Here ...Im still waiting for the return call from the police. How was your ride home geezer? It was nice meeting you by the way
Sorry you are still having trouble getting your car.

I had a great ride home from EOM. Rode to Elkins, WV by myself on Sunday, then home from there with some folks who live in NY.

It was nice meeting you also, and riding with you for a while.

I never signed any type of repair order, nor did i ask for anything type of work. I simply told them that this engine was makeing the same noises as the last and they told me to bring it in. I did talk to the warrenty company and it all is being processed and they said they should have an answer sometime this week.

I never signed any type of repair order, nor did i ask for anything type of work. I simply told them that this engine was makeing the same noises as the last and they told me to bring it in. I did talk to the warrenty company and it all is being processed and they said they should have an answer sometime this week.
without a signed repair order, or a verbal agreement over the phone, he has no right to repair the car. Compare this to getting an estimate for siding on your house. Two days later the contractor shows up and does the work without you asking for it to get done. Can he just hand you a bill and expect payment? Of course not. This is no different. You're nuts to let it go on this long. Period.

Joe

This is key. You need to call your Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation and file a complaint or get information on this.

Got the car back today. all seems to be well with it, however im looking to tradeing it in asap before anything else can happen. Thanks alot for everyones help!
If the warranty is transferable point that out in your sale ad. It might help you get a couple bucks more for it. Then again, what do you say when they ask if you ever needed to use it...

I called the warrenty company directly and explaned everything to them including how i didnt authorise the whole thing. They then got ahold of the garage and sure enough a couple days later they said i could come pick it up even though they didnt get paid yet. The only thing i had to do was pay $26.75 for oil/filter and new coolant. Much better then $1100. I looked at/test drove a couple vehicals yesterday. Id really like a jeep wrangler, but the payments on a new one is out of my range, and they get just as much or more for a "slightly" used one. To get one down to under 10 grand they all have 150k miles on them and usually pretty beat. So my other option is getting a new corolla. I almost pulled the trigger on one last night. I told them id be back today so i can see it in person and put a few of them side by side. Itd be nice to have soemthing with a good track record and full warrenty with no BS. Besides i can always pick up a cheap wrangler that needs work and i can hack the crap out of it to go wheeling. On the other hand, the fjr seemed to do just fine out in the woods at EOM :rolleyes: Choices choices.