Anyone up for a ride Sunday June 8th?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
I cannot make the trip to Morro Bay but am looking for someone to ride with Sunday. Early start possibly up to Foresthill for lunch then over to French Meadow over Mosquito Ridge and around the loop to Georgetown. We could have a bite to eat in Foresthill or wait until Georgetown depending on how fast we ride!

Sounds good but as luck would have it I'm leading a ride on Saturday over that exact same route. If you decide to go in a different direction, I might be up for something on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good but at luck would have it I'm leading a ride on Saturday over that exact same route. If you decide to go in a different direction, I might be up for something on Sunday.
John I am open to any route. Maybe Hwy 49 and head over towards Truckee have lunch then head along donner lake to bypass part of 80...

I will be checking email Friday and all day Saturday if you are still up for a ride Sunday I am game to go anywhere.

JD

I'd love to but I'll be knee deep in bike prep for a run to the desert in a couple weeks.

Have fun, eat well and ride safe.

Jeff, count me as a definite maybe. But only because you come so highly recommended by JB. Still early in the week but I should be able to confirm by Friday.

count my dad (BigDan) and me in!! Let's figure out when and where to meet... i'm stoked! we talked about this loop on the way to dirt biking in Sugarpine last weekend!! :D

I cannot make the trip to Morro Bay but am looking for someone to ride with Sunday. Early start possibly up to Foresthill for lunch then over to French Meadow over Mosquito Ridge and around the loop to Georgetown. We could have a bite to eat in Foresthill or wait until Georgetown depending on how fast we ride!
Sarah and I are on! Another option is to go west to Iowa Hill to Colfax to Nevada City to the covered bridge at Bridgeport. Whatever the ride, it's your gig and we'll follow !!

I'll be riding home from Morro Bay....... ;)
Maybe. Maybe not.

100_4748-1.jpg

Ok here is the ride since folks are already going on the Foresthill to French Meadow ride Saturday I need to be cool and see who is willing to ride a different route on Sunday.

I will keep the original plan to ride up 80 to Foresthill road and then down mosquito ridge to French Meadow then down to Georgetown for lunch and such. If the folks who are burned out by the route are not interested in going Hwy 49 through Downeville and Sierra City and over to Truckee are the folks most wanting to go on the ride then we will go this direction. If you are not open to another ride following your path on Saturday let me know and I will lead the folks who are interested in the same route you went on Saturday!.

I am planning on leaving about 8:00 A.M. and meeting at the Flyers Gas Station just south of the Riverside Exit off Hwy 80

Ok here is the ride since folks are already going on the Foresthill to French Meadow ride Saturday I need to be cool and see who is willing to ride a different route on Sunday.
I will keep the original plan to ride up 80 to Foresthill road and then down mosquito ridge to French Meadow then down to Georgetown for lunch and such. If the folks who are burned out by the route are not interested in going Hwy 49 through Downeville and Sierra City and over to Truckee are the folks most wanting to go on the ride then we will go this direction. If you are not open to another ride following your path on Saturday let me know and I will lead the folks who are interested in the same route you went on Saturday!.

I am planning on leaving about 8:00 A.M. and meeting at the Flyers Gas Station just south of the Riverside Exit off Hwy 80
Does that mean the Flyers station is on the right side of the eastbound freeway?? What time do we leave the station?

Meeting time is 8:00 A.M. Sunday morning at the flyers station just south of the Riverside Exit off Hwy 80. We will depart about 8:15ish.

We are heading up Hwy 80 up to Foresthill then down Mosquito ridge over to French Meadow then around the loop which takes you on 193? back down into Georgetown past stumpy meadow resovoir.

Lunch in Georgetown... Can anyone suggest a place? I think the only place I have had lunch was the old hotel the food was ok but last time I was up there I noticed a few new spots!

Meeting time is 8:00 A.M. Sunday morning at the flyers station just south of the Riverside Exit off Hwy 80. We will depart about 8:15ish.
We are heading up Hwy 80 up to Foresthill then down Mosquito ridge over to French Meadow then around the loop which takes you on 193? back down into Georgetown past stumpy meadow resovoir.

Lunch in Georgetown... Can anyone suggest a place? I think the only place I have had lunch was the old hotel the food was ok but last time I was up there I noticed a few new spots!
The Mexican place is good (on the right hand corner at 193), I also tried the pizza place which opened up last year - just fair.

BTW the roads are - Foresthill to Mosquito Ridge to French Meadows to (Hell Hole up and back - recommended great view) to Eleven Pines to Wentworth Springs back to Georgetown. From Roseville to Georgetwon is about 140 miles including the little run to Hell Hole.

FYI - After riding this route today I can not recommend going out to Hell Hole the road is bad enough to bend a rim. Starting right after French Meadows the road gets very bad with sink holes, heaves, pot holes and lots of gravel. Take it real slow and miss as much as you can, on todays ride we had one individual bend a front rim.

Don't think I'm going to be able to make tomorrow, so have a good ride.

FYI - After riding this route today I can not recommend going out to Hell Hole the road is bad enough to bend a rim. Starting right after French Meadows the road gets very bad with sink holes, heaves, pot holes and lots of gravel. Take it real slow and miss as much as you can, on todays ride we had one individual bend a front rim. Don't think I'm going to be able to make tomorrow, so have a good ride.
John,

Thanks for the heads up. I think we will stay away from going to Icehouse. I know the road is crappy past French Meadow and I appreciate the warning of Gravel.

Thanks,

Jeff