April Fools Ride - St. Augustine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey alright! This ride I can make! Looking forward to a good afternoon ride around St. Augustine.

I have a smoked pork loin left from bike week in the freezer. I will bring it with some fixin's, we can find a roadside park to eat first so everyone come hungry!

Dang, I'm gettin' ansey and can't wait to get going on this trip. Toecutter did a great thing on the Avon Storms group buy by getting my new meats here in record time. I'm leaving for a 3 hour trip to San Antonio Saturday morning for the SA Yamaha dealer to do the install. (Does that say anything about the local Corpus Christi dealer's customer service? :lol: ) I'll do an oil change before I go and worry about the 12,000 mile service when I get back.

Brad, looking forward to that BBQ. :dribble:

Wade, that will be real cool for Yvonne to have another chicky along for the cruise.

So glad yall can make it. It's going to make for a great birthday weekend!

Made it! 14 hours Thursday to Biloxi, MS and 10 hours to Lake Mary, FL yesterday w/ no performance awards. Roadglide/pickax, sure looking forward to the Sunday ride. Hopefully, some others will join. Here's the map of where to meet at 11AM. here

Made it! 14 hours Thursday to Biloxi, MS and 10 hours to Lake Mary, FL yesterday w/ no performance awards. Roadglide/pickax, sure looking forward to the Sunday ride. Hopefully, some others will join. Here's the map of where to meet at 11AM. here
Glad you made it safe. Have fun tomorrow & be sure to have someone take pics and do a write up.

You bet. Unless you mind riding w/ a building inspector. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey allright, thought this was gonna die.Cool deal, good weather lets ride, Se y'all tomorrow!! Don't eat a big breakfast.

Thanks, Dan for setting this up.

Great weather, great ride and good people to ride with!

Enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to doing it again soon.

Special kudos to pickax for the fantastic smoked pork. It was delicious.

I appreciate all you FJR folks letting a M109R join the party.

Hope everyone got home safe,

Tom - thanks again for getting this navigationally challanged rider home.

Got to invest in a GPS someday.

Bob

Rad - Totally enjoyed it. You got it right. Pickey did goooood on the Q. Thought only us TX boys knew how to BBQ.

Thanks Wade for riding down considering you had to ride back for work. Maybe next time we'll get a full ride in.

Also, kudos to the feeger babes showing up.

All in all, thanks for a much enjoyable get-together. Should be back for another ride next month. Trip back starts in the early AM.

Dan & Yvonne

Rad - Totally enjoyed it. You got it right. Pickey did goooood on the Q. Thought only us TX boys knew how to BBQ.
Thanks Wade for riding down considering you had to ride back for work. Maybe next time we'll get a full ride in.

Also, kudos to the feeger babes showing up.

All in all, thanks for a much enjoyable get-together. Should be back for another ride next month. Trip back starts in the early AM.

Dan & Yvonne
Any pics?

Absolutely a great day! Rte. 13 along the river is a winner. Good to see everyone again along with some new folks. Looking forward to next month.

Nice to meet all of you as well. Great ride, great people and some very nicely set-up bikes! Looking forward to getting together again.

Will post some pics after this trip is over. After dinner tonight, heading back to the hotel, got diverted by an ambulance, patrol car and helicopter w/ spot light after they surrounding me telling me I couldn't turn where I wanted to. Just like in the movies. I was the center of attention for about a minute. Who knows what was up but scared the bajeebies out of me. Maybe they just wanted a closer look at that fjr. :lol:

DSCN3254.jpg

DSCN3277.jpg