Black Hills Rendezvous FJR/DUAL SPORT/ADV Bike - "Non-Rally" in the Black Hills June 20-23 2024 Steak Dinner and Registration now open!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith, you're welcome to ride up with us from Wichita. We plan on leaving Tuesday morning with a stop at Speedway Motors Museum in Lincoln NE. Stopover at Blackhills KOA on Wednesday and on to Spearfish on Thursday.

Go! The Black Hills are unique and well worth the ride there. Not all that far from Texas on a FJR, just point it north and pin the throttle. :cool:
True, just barely over the minimum for an IBA Saddle Sore looks like.

I've got a room, the desk said there were 19 reserved at this point. Now I just need to get work arainged and my wife's permission :) .

I'm on wife #2 (since 1997) and we have a good relationship. Which means, I ONLY mess around with my motorcycle! ;)
She even lets me go on multi-day motorcycle trips each Summer.

YMMV (Your Marriage May Vary)
Keep her :)

my 2nd wife tells me that i should buy a new motorcycle, i answered that i love the FJR to much, she replied : but you can keep the fjr !
but as yamaha doesn't sell FJR's no more in europe ....

Hey there Big John :) I'd love to join in - the last time I tried to join this trip my KTM chewed up its clutch in Moab on the way. But alas, my only niece is getting married on the 22nd and my sister would definitely throw a shoe if I missed it. Hope you all have a great time, and you avoid the crazy thunderstorms!

Keep her :)

my 2nd wife tells me that i should buy a new motorcycle, i answered that i love the FJR to much, she replied : but you can keep the fjr !
but as yamaha doesn't sell FJR's no more in europe ....
I'd say look for an ST1300 from Honda, but they quit making those as well. (Pan European over there BTW)

Keith, you're welcome to ride up with us from Wichita. We plan on leaving Tuesday morning with a stop at Speedway Motors Museum in Lincoln NE. Stopover at Blackhills KOA on Wednesday and on to Spearfish on Thursday.
You guys camping? Yikes!

Looks like about 24 signed up for supper so far - if you know you are coming and haven't signed up please do so, I'd like to be able to get this handled before Brian (Festar) and I take off for Georgia!

I'd say look for an ST1300 from Honda, but they quit making those as well. (Pan European over there BTW)
the only bikes, beside gold wings, are all looking the same :( , and don't feel like ride 2 hours on a tracer, tenere.... real touring bikes are hard to find here.

the only bikes, beside gold wings, are all looking the same :( , and don't feel like ride 2 hours on a tracer, tenere.... real touring bikes are hard to find here.
I (briefly) switched to a Yamaha 900GT and was less than overwhelmed. Ended up selling it to a guy who drove down from Colorado to Texas and the next day I flew up to St. Louis where I had located a 2019 FJR, bought it and rode it home to the Dallas area. Much happier. Never actually ridden a Gold Wing, but did love the ST.

Looks like I got a hall pass so should be joining the party, so to speak.
Just booked my room. The rates were a little screwy, but the lady was quite nice and was going to call me back after some 'research' she said.

I (briefly) switched to a Yamaha 900GT and was less than overwhelmed. Ended up selling it to a guy who drove down from Colorado to Texas and the next day I flew up to St. Louis where I had located a 2019 FJR, bought it and rode it home to the Dallas area. Much happier. Never actually ridden a Gold Wing, but did love the ST.
thanks for the info