2016 Red Lodge Rendezvous! June 23-26th the Schnizel!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulling out of here tomorrow (truck and trailer), Yamafitter, JeffF and I will be in Spearfish Friday nite. Riding the Big Sky area for a few days, will meet up at Red Lodge on the 23rd, then off on the 26th for more Big Sky country. See the Spotwalla thread.......... it's going to be awesome!

I am completing the final packing this weekend, as I have to work Tuesday night, then hitting the road on Wednesday, first stop is Island Park - if anyone is in that area Wednesday night, hit me up.

Is anyone still planning on going to the Pig Races on Thursday night? Or just doing the parking lot thing at the hotel?

Yea, Wednesday at 0 dark thirty, I'm on the way. Hoping to land somewhere around Dillon, Mt Wed night then only about 400 miles on in to Red Lodge. Finally here.

I am completing the final packing this weekend, as I have to work Tuesday night, then hitting the road on Wednesday, first stop is Island Park - if anyone is in that area Wednesday night, hit me up.
Is anyone still planning on going to the Pig Races on Thursday night? Or just doing the parking lot thing at the hotel?
I have been giving it some thought, and was wondering if Friday night might be a better night to hit the Bear Creek Saloon & Steakhouse since some people that may be interested might be getting in late Thursday. I called the Bear Creek Saloon last week and found out that they take reservations and seat about 80 people with pig races every 15 minutes from 7:00 to 9:45. If anyone is interested in hitting the Bear Creek for dinner and some fine pig racing Thursday or Friday night, let me know which night works better and I can call to set up a reservation. Deb and I will be going for sure one of the two nights but am wondering if Friday night might be the better night for others that may want to join in.

Those interested can let me know what night works best for them. We will be arriving Wednesday evening so either night works for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are so damn jealous of you folks that are going to be up above the tree line.

13015160_10154278852069628_4781659030616182008_n.jpg

dcarver [Don Carver], Niehart [Me], JimmyJimmy [Jim Kutsko], Panman [Kevin Sasquatch Ross].

At least I'm pretty sure that I can speak for the rest of these riders ...
Dam that is a motley crew!
biggrin.png
We have HIGH standards.

I have been giving it some thought, and was wondering if Friday night might be a better night to hit the Bear Creek Saloon & Steakhouse since some people that may be interested might be getting in late Thursday. I called the Bear Creek Saloon last week and found out that they take reservations and seat about 80 people with pig races every 15 minutes from 7:00 to 9:45. If anyone is interested in hitting the Bear Creek for dinner and some fine pig racing Thursday or Friday night, let me know which night works better and I can call to set up a reservation. Deb and I will be going for sure one of the two nights but am wondering if Friday night might be the better night for others that may want to join in.

Those interested can let me know what night works best for them. We will be arriving Wednesday evening so either night works for us.
Do they have a Bus?

Pig Races, Beer and Motorcycles - Nahhhh

Do they have a Bus?
Pig Races, Beer and Motorcycles - Nahhhh

There is no bus that I am aware of, but I will have my super crew pickup that I could shuttle a couple groups of people the six miles or we could throw people in my enclosed trailer and transport them smuggler style if they are determined to drink too much to responsibly drive a motorcycle safely back to the Chateau.
smile.png

I guess a person will have to make the drinking while dinning and walking or riding decision for both Thursday and Friday nights since the business / restaurant district is a little over a mile away from the Chateau.

In the FJR events that I have attended, I have never seen anyone make poor drinking and riding choices.

The missus says Friday is good to go as well.... we are open to either one.

....and if you are offering... will take a ride so we can have a beer or two and stay off the road.
russian.gif
Probably should get you an appetizer or something for your troubles....

You should be able to ride in a wife-beater shirt, cut-offs and flip-flops day or night. The guys headed to Sturgis do it!
Yeah like he said, but most the guys I saw like that last year heading to Sturgis where in a RV with what a assume where broken down Harleys on trailers, there weak asses can't handle being in the saddle for more than going from bar to bar.

mmmmmmmmmmmm........

Planning begins!

BEEMERDONS SAID:

bigjohnsd, just like Gregory the Goat Fucker I also want to attend your Fine Event. However, I also promised the CA Frostbacks I would attend CFR 2016.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/164346-cfr-2016-when-where-why-who/ yamafitter: ...so maybe June before all the schools are out.

As long as Billy Fitz does not step on your dates, Papa Chuy Viejo will be there! I LOVE CFR, the Canuckistanis are all the entertainment I will ever need!

20150312_00624-2_med_hr-2-L.jpg
Reliving entertaining post.

Haha Billy Fitz, Don had your number!

Got my route planned and uploaded into the Garmin. Looks like I will be doing a saddle sore to Spearfish. Gonna try Petey's method and leave really early. Okay, maybe not Petey early, but before 5am.

1052 Miles across the plains.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Georgetown,+IL+61846/Spearfish,+SD/@42.9569912,-97.1881846,6z/am=t/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x880d535e5ebb1e07:0xad4a5fd7488ccfdb!2m2!1d-87.5988876!2d39.9769845!1m5!1m1!1s0x533298585baba5ef:0xe8dded619c5da0aa!2m2!1d-103.8593698!2d44.4908172

Maybe pick up Sarg somewhere in Iowa along the way.

I absolutely love the Tyre/Garmin combo of doing things.(Thanks AuburnFJR and Marty) I already put the route BigJohn proposed from Spearfish to Red Lodge into the Garmin. 576 Miles of Big Horn goodness.

Just looking for some more routes/maps/ideas to have uploaded. I have spent way too much time already peering at roads on Google Maps, Tyre, Earth, Paper, and Bing. This stuff is addicting.

I just need to know where I am riding on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Heading home on Tuesday. Depending on Weather, I might head way north to check off North Dakota since I have never ridden there.

I might be on those same roads come Tuesday although I'm eyeballing the Des Moines-Sioux City route also. If the timing works I hope to land at Bell's Tuesday night and spend Wednesday taking in the Black Hills.

Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, Paint Creek Canyon & Two Dot Sections

Project Number: STP 35.58-DR51574 & SCP-TC 33.20 1507036_

WYDOT Contact: Todd Frost, phone: 307-587-2220, email: [email protected]

Contractor: Oftedal Construction, Inc., Miles City, MT, 406-232-5911

Scheduled Completion Date: 2017-Jun-30

Grading, milling plant mix, placing crushed base and bituminous pavement surfacing, chip seal, bridge deck repair and miscellaneous work on 13.32 miles of WYO 296 begiining at RM 46.20 on Chief Joseph Scenic Highway. Expect up to 20-minute delays with stopped conditions.

Road

Milepost(s)

Surface

Delays and Scheduled Closures

WY296

33.2 to 46.2

Paved

20 minute delays with stopped conditions
Last Updated: 2016-06-15 13:39:58.837

Construction South of Red Lodge US-212, MP:51.4 to 54.1
Location Description: South of Red Lodge
Route Info: US-212, MP:51.4 to 54.1
Project Remarks: Slope stabilization activities in progress.
Possible single lane traffic beginning on May 27, 2016.
Project Work Types: RECONSTRUCTION,

DETOUR, 25 MPH REDUCED SPEED, ROUGH ROADWAY SURFACE

Any of these places have water next to them? Maybe one could break out the flyrod while waiting?

OK-- just kidding.
rolleyes.gif

Happy trails heading to Big Sky Country. Don't forget us working stiffs crying over our beverage(s) wishing we were there. Pictures people, lots and lots of pictures please.

I'm in Alamosa now. Left later than I wanted to this morning, but I needed the sleep. I'll stay in Rawlins WY tonight and then head to RL on Thursday morning. Hell, if I get to Rawlins early enough, I may just keep riding and shorten tomorrow up even more.

What I do know, is if this Lamm seat doesn't get better, I'll make someone a good deal in Montana.