Arkansas Twisty Ridin!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"
Reaction score
Myself and Mark (Glory Racing) will be out riding all the good Arkansas stuff Friday and Saturday and probably some Sunday AM. We will be centered close to the HUB (a few miles north of Jasper on Hwy 7) Hotels in Jasper and in Harrison.

This will be our normal kind of ride, which means lots of riding. If you like long rest and lunch stops, and identifying edible flowers, you want like this ride!

Post up or PM me if you have any questions

Scott

There is a good chance I will be able to make it to this ride...however I'll probably take Friday to ride from Hooterville, MO to your guys area...so I'll be there Friday night to ride with you on Saturday if all works out.

I've ridden with Scott before...so I know I don't really ride with Scott...we just leave on the route at the same time. Wait for me at the turns okay Scott?? :D

Which motel you guys stayin' at?

Anyways thumbs up for this ride from Wheaton...

mt%20view%2008%20001.jpg

why does this pic of wheatie remind me of some of the early star trek characters????

i might be able to make this ride too.

I live here now, so I will be staying at home. The hub, which is right in the middle of the good twisty stuff, will be the closest place to stay (about 2 miles away). I am heading out on a motocamping trip tomorrow morning. so will post up info early next week. Come on down and play!!!

C'ya,

Mark

I'll warm the roads up for ya. I'll be there earlier in the week, and will be starting to head north sometime on the 8th.

Drooling at the post, but I have family visiting that weekend. Drooling........ I'd love to revisit the TBA rides from SFO and explore more.

You guys gonna post up a route or make turn sheets?? If you don't wanna do that, you could send me a gpx file that I could import into my S&T.

Work just came up and bit me...cannot get off enough hours to get down there to AR in any fun way. Next time guys...

I may just have to do southern MO instead.

You guys gonna post up a route or make turn sheets?? If you don't wanna do that, you could send me a gpx file that I could import into my S&T.
There wont be a specific route as such, as you suggested earlier we will take off and wait at the next turn for all to catch up! There are several really good roads we will ride "Push" "123" "16" and others. As we ride one and find it "clear" we'll probably make multiple runs. Its hard to get tired of riding some of these roads!

Hopefully the weather will be cool and clear, if not and we get some much needed rain we'll go to where its not raining if possible.

Work just came up and bit me...cannot get off enough hours to get down there to AR in any fun way. Next time guys...

I may just have to do southern MO instead.

Well that sucks! I hope we can get up to put a little time on 125, thats gotta be the best road in MO!

I hope you get it worked out Mark!

Its been 2 years now since you had that little get off on 27, man time flies!

Better time flying than me flying...

Yeah, it looks like I'll only be able to get enough time off to do stuff in SE Missouri...so I'll be riding north of Y'all. Next time Scott...mebbe the spring.

Don't know if you have motel reservations yet or not. I stayed in Jasper this summer for an overnight. We rolled in about sundown and took the first place we saw. Gordon Motel. $20 each for a two bed room with a bath room about the size of a phone booth. Had not been updated in 50 years, I'd guess. But we were tired so we settled in. Went for 'que up the street and were walking around town taking pictures and met a woman that was walking her dog. found out she owned the hotel across the highway from Gordon. she gave us a little tour of the work she had done on the rooms and they were very nice. we asked the price and found out that it would have cost us about another $15 each to stay there. much nicer place. the building was very old and had a lot of character. the guy that built it did a lot of custom work with native stone in the back for walkways, gardens, ponds, etc. I'd recommend the jasper hotel over Gordons.

we breakfasted at the cliff house south of jasper. pretty good breakfast.

Hey Lee B thanks for the info, I will check it out next time through. I've only stayed in Jasper a handful of times and usually stay at The Cliff House Inn. Its a neat place if you dont mind the coyotes howling, the sunrise over the Arkansas Grand Canyon is pretty neat! This shot is from the back porch of the Inn.

DSCF0238.jpg