Arriving safe at home check-in

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockiesRider

Livin la buena vida!!!
Reaction score
OK, all of you please post up and let us know you've made it home.

Safe, sound and soggy!!!

Glad to see some of my friends and happy to make some new ones.

SFO 09 rocked despite the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, made it home safe...took 23 north out of Eureka Springs, on my way up to 90. What a mess going through town, rocks/gravel and water crossings...had to really watch it. Rode in the rain most of the way home.

I,m home! :yahoo:

It's 68 Degrees here.

Can I take the rain suit off now?

Enjoyed riding with Reaper most of the way back.

It was a great rally except for the weather!

Thanks for all the preparations, Michelle.

Made it home as well, glad to be dry and warm finally, seems like it has been a few days since that has happened...

We had a great time, it was nice to finally meet some of you and ride together, I rarely get to ride with another FJR, never as many as I have in the past few days :)

I rode in light rain most of the way to Broken Arrow. But if it doesn't kill us, it only makes us stronger.

Thanks for all the ground work, Michelle. It was good to to see everyone and tell big lies.

I'm always amazed to see that many FJR's at one time.

Hope to see everyone next year.

flynjr

Last edited by a moderator:
Home at 3:30. As soon as I arrived home, the sun popped out! Oh well, a bad day on the bike is still better than a perfect day at work.

Joey

All I can say is that rain suits are a wonderful invention. It stopped raining about Springfield, Mo. I got the yard mowed and some other chores done when I got home. Dad fell asleep on my couch and is still zonked out there. 1130 miles total since leaving home Wed. morning.

Big THANKS to Michelle, Twisted Cricket and everyone else that put this together. I promise to leave the rain at home next year. I hope everyone made it home safe and without incident. See "ya'll" on the road.

Home. I think Tonia enjoyed her first longer trip on a bike. 1050 miles, mostly in the rain. Love the way my bike performed for me, but rather happy at the moment to be on the couch for a while.

Thanks Michelle for all the hard work. Hope to see everybody on the next trip..............

Bryan

Just started laundry. Stopped in Rogers/Bentonville for rainsuits (cheapies). Mine shredded by St Joe, MO, but we didn't really need them. Cloudy but no rain.

1087 miles and I can't stop smiling. :) Pillion really liked her first long distance ride and meeting the people.

I am home and boy am I glad. Rain the first 200 miles and then not too bad. Right now just kicking back with a toddie and trying to figure where I am going next.

Great Rally

Mac

Home! I agree with Petey, AR-23 north through town was a mess, but before long the rain slowed and then stopped, and the ride the rest of the way home to KC was gorgeous.

Big thanks to Michelle and all the others who helped put this together. It's hard to control the weather, but everything else was in place for a great rally! Good friends, good times.

Made it home! Thanks to fjrrider and Joey, forgive me if I have a name wrong, I was off with minimum delay. Had a flat on the pig trail, in the rain, right at the top! I had forgot to pack my flat kit, shame on me!! Thank you guys great job!! Also want to thank the lady at Turner bend store for sending a scout up to help, this was before fjrrider and Joey came up...

Had a great time even though it did rain!!! Met more great people!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Made it home! Thanks to fjrrider and Joey, forgive me if I have a name wrong, I was off with minimum delay. Had a flat on the pig trail, in the rain, right at the top! I had forgot to pack my flat kit, shame on me!! Thank you guys great job!! Also want to thank the lady at Turner bend store for sending a scout up to help, this was before fjrrider and Joey came up...
Had a great time even though it did rain!!! Met more great people!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I was wandering if those strings held up, did you have to add any more air to the tire before you got home? My guess is you want ever forget your flat kit again :lol:

Home safe and soggy, rained all the way home, all 300 miles. My mission now is to determine just exactly what does waterproof mean? :huh:

I was wandering if those strings held up, did you have to add any more air to the tire before you got home? My guess is you want ever forget your flat kit again :lol:

Home safe and soggy, rained all the way home, all 300 miles. My mission now is to determine just exactly what does waterproof mean? :huh:

String held up amazingly well, I did stop at the store and take the presure up to 40. Checked it every 100 miles for about 5 times and all was ok. New tire coming! Did the speed limit most the way home though. <_<

Glad we could help. It was not the best place to be stuck. It was the first time I used my compressor. New tire? Send the tire to Scott . . . he will get another 2,000 miles out of that plugged tire!!