Aug 28, 2010 - Adirondacks or Finger Lakes anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnj1965

Reaction score
Anyone near Central NY interested in a Adirondacks or Fingerlakes ride this Saturday (8/28/2010)?

I need to be back in Hamilton by 4pm - Willing to have wheels rolling by 5am. Open to most anything, but a few limitations on my part...

1) I ride sober.

2) I ride the speed limit in towns / villages / etc.

3) 6+ or less on other roads (though I try to ride corners at 2x posted speed as long as legal....).

Yes, I'm a wimp.

New to the FJR, so ride your pace through the curves, I'll ride mine, and we'll meet up at major intersections.

If interested, reply to this thread and we'll see what we can coble together. Realize this is late notice...

dnj

Looks like I'm solo on this one. Weather looks like it will be perfect, and some "me" time will be very nice.

The plan is to do a clockwise Adirondack loop hitting Old Forge, Lake Placid, Port Henry and Speculator (brief fuel stops and leg stretch at all but Port Henry; google maps clicky):

12 --> 28 --> 28N --> 30 --> 3 --> 86 --> 9N --> 22/9N --> 74 --> 9 --> 8 --> 12

Anyone have recommendations for lunch in Port Henry?

Looks like a great time. I rode that area in 2005 and again in 2007.

I love both the finger lakes and the Daks. Nice sweepers! :yahoo:

My neck of the woods till I was 20, but I know the area well. I never rode a m/c till I left there, though, so I'd sure LOVE to go back and take this ride with you. And again in a month or so with the fall show going on. Enjoy the ride. Post a report!

What does "6+ or less on other roads" mean?

I know Old Forge well. My family has property on Fourth Lake, and have been there many many times. Beautiful place! (The forest rats are as thick as the black flies.)