Bad news for me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know how the old saying goes: You can't live with them and you can't live without them!. Too bad about you're bike.
Actually, when it comes to wives the old saying is : "Can't live with them and can't shoot'em".

:D
I thought is was "You can't live with them and you can't chop them up into little pieces and put them in your trunk."

There is also that marriage is like a tornado, they both blow and then you loose half your stuff.

Seriously I have told my last several girl friends "I had the bikes before you, and I will still have them after your gone." It weeds out the bad ones right away. As for marriage, since I have no inclination to have kids anymore, there is no way I would consider it again. If you decide you have to, any male who gets married without an iron clad pre-nupt is simply a fool.

When I spit up with the last live in girlfriend who "Made her own money and could take care of herself" I couldn't understand where all the money in my checking account was coming from. After a couple months of being alone I realized how much she really cost me.

You know how the old saying goes: You can't live with them and you can't live without them!. Too bad about you're bike.
Actually, when it comes to wives the old saying is : "Can't live with them and can't shoot'em".

:D
I thought is was "You can't live with them and you can't chop them up into little pieces and put them in your trunk."

There is also that marriage is like a tornado, they both blow and then you loose half your stuff.

Seriously I have told my last several girl friends "I had the bikes before you, and I will still have them after your gone." It weeds out the bad ones right away. As for marriage, since I have no inclination to have kids anymore, there is no way I would consider it again. If you decide you have to, any male who gets married without an iron clad pre-nupt is simply a fool.

When I spit up with the last live in girlfriend who "Made her own money and could take care of herself" I couldn't understand where all the money in my checking account was coming from. After a couple months of being alone I realized how much she really cost me.
Now that makes two of us - :) )

Me thinks some women actually have all of this planned, but generally there are a great deal of decent women out there who have also been shafted!

Ride safe,

After all the work to get the 07's up and running correctly...

Mine is now gone. :(

I'm currently going through a divorce. The FJR had to go for me to avoid a total raping by the wife in court. If I kept it I was at risk of loosing my truck. I need the truck more than the bike right now (I don't ride in the snow, and winter is coming quickly). I miss it very much. I guess I'll have to see what happens at the hearing in a few weeks. If things don't go any worse I'll get another or buy back mine if they still have it, after I sell my house and pay the wife 50% of the profit. I need to find another house for myself and my dogs. They need a yard to run in, and property is getting really expensive around the Puget Sound area.

I will drop in once in a while to see what's new. Ride safe, and stop crashing!

TruWrecks
sorry to hear that...

my ex dumped me.... two years later, I ended up witht four motorcycles! Way better...<G>

Seriously, good luck.

mary

My X is now gong through her 2nd divorce. All that I predicted would happen to her over the last eight years has come true. HIstory does repeat.

She is 40 now, no real job, no education, no real skills, is ever more beligerant, drunk, and stupid. Her children have gotten old enough to near abandon her since she got back into partying and pot and moved in with some 19 year old girl friend of her eldest daughter. She started her new relationship with the guy next door to her and her soon-to-be second X husband (Strange how she keeps finding a "soulmate" within the same city limits as the last one).

She ruined my credit and now his, for she has no judgement or accountability and gladly rationalizes fucking around on her husbands. The new guy she is dating is still married to someone back in Mexico. He won't last long, so down the ladder of human trash she will have to travel to get someone even dumber than the last to latch onto her. One day, maybe ten years from now, someone will put his fist through the back of her skull or she'll end up blowing guys for crack, toothless, and shitting herself in a gutter. Ten years... then I can piss on her grave.

I never had the money to go after her, nor visa versa, so we just parted ways. $1200 and three months of paperwork and I was free to spend the majority of the next decade rebuilding. Our one child together now lives with me full time by her very own choice and doesn't live in a tenement. My new wife of five years still makes me stammer like a dumb shit when I look at her. Kind of reminds me of Jada Pinket Smith. Career-wise we are both moving forward to "things most grand".

In closing I remind my fellow riders and the originator of this thread to be patient, for...

"If you sit by the river long enough, you will eventually see your enemy's body float by".

She can spend the night all she wants, but she can't move in.She's only allowed to bring clothes and a toothbrush.

You don't marry her.
always remember this one simple truth: no matter how good she looks, there's some guy somewhere that's tired of putting up with her shit!
Amen to all that. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Losing the bike sucks; losing a wife is two edged. It hurts, because you wouldn't be with her if you didn't love her, but that says more about you than about her. You'll be smarter and do better next time or three.

I've been through 3 since my divorce after 18 years. If they demonstrate that (no matter how good they look) they cannot figure out how to be EQUAL partners, gag the whine/complain reflex, and be grateful for what is really a good life, then I'm finally smart enough to let them go (after a sincere attempt to make it work -- i.e., give her many chances to demonstrate that it's not a permanent emotional/mental condition). I'm not on this planet to control anyone else or to make her life less than it might have been, but I expect the same in return. Love should not be a zero sum game, I am NOT her employee, and if that's how she wants to treat me, it's adios -- as nicely as I can say it.

The joke's on them anyway: it's not like it was when we were in our 20s. The shoe is on the other foot later, and if you're a good man, you're in real demand. IF I ever find one who truly gets it, I'm not irreversibly opposed to getting married again, but getting convinced of that would have to be one hell of a great ride. Get ready for some good times, grins and getting treated MUCH better by the women you will date than what you've undoubtedly put up with for a while. (Of course, you may have to get used to getting blow jobs again -- hope that's not a problem.) Replacing the bike is no problem, and you won't even be WRONG for doing it!

[SIZE=36pt]NEXT!!!!![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
...something in that last post about a gag reflex...

Note to self if ever single again: All personal adds must containg the words, "no gag reflex required".

Hi Tru...

Been on a bit of a forum hiatus do to a similar situation, but wanted to pass on my heart felt support for the BS you're going through. Once you work through the 4 stages of grief, ( denial , anger , pleading then acceptance ) , life really does take off.

A good buddy has told me it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich woman as it is a poor one. It's true!! As someone has said before, if you're a good man, then you definitely don't have to settle in any shape or form. Also your boys have had the benefit of your council for the past while and as such I'm sure they are free thinking young men .... I'm sure they can call and talk if they so desire. Trust in this as I have it in my prayers for you.

While we have never meet in person ... know there's lot's of folks pulling in your corner!!

TruWrecks:

Sorry about your situation. I hope it gets better really soon and hope we'll see you around here often. And, thanks for all the work you put into the altitude surging issue.

Good luck TW. Told the wife of 17yrs. I didn't want to be married to her anymore, threw a couple of things in to my truck, hugged my 18yr old son and left just this morning.

Didn't get married until 45, with pre-nup, and separate accounts for everything but the house. Just a few tips for any future incidences of insanity... B)

I'm currently going through a divorce. The FJR had to go for me to avoid a total raping by the wife in court. If I kept it I was at risk of loosing my truck. I need the truck more than the bike right now (I don't ride in the snow, and winter is coming quickly). I miss it very much. I guess I'll have to see what happens at the hearing in a few weeks. If things don't go any worse I'll get another or buy back mine if they still have it, after I sell my house and pay the wife 50% of the profit. I need to find another house for myself and my dogs. They need a yard to run in, and property is getting really expensive around the Puget Sound area.

TruWrecks
Don't get remarried. Find a Sugar Mommy that will buy you another bike. Simple. :)
Looks like this was Andrew's last post on the forum... damnit, damnit, damnit....

TruWrecks

Sorry to hear that keep your head up be civil and time will heal,or you can use Jet's sure fire way to have a happy divorce.A .45 and a shovel ;)

I got a surprise from work last week. I got some bonus money that the wife doesn't need to know about. I called a friend of mine that works for a dealership. He quoted my a price on a demo bike that is $2600 under MSRP. I know he's taking a loss, but he's trying to help me out. It's not an FJR. I would need a few thousand more than I have to work with right now, but I have two wheels again. That will come soon, but I need to sell the house first. I found out my wife now has over $130,000 hidden in her bank accounts and investments (most of from her income over the past 4 years and some inheritance money), so if she tries to get anything else she's going to have to buy it from me. I have my lawyer blessing. He is supporting me that the reason I need the motorcycle is to save money on fuel since I have to commute 40 miles a day. He's said that it would be extremely dangerous for me to ride in the winter so the truck is a required asset.

I'm not sure what part is worse. That fact that I lost some money on the FJR, or that I sold of it. Ending a marriage really sucks! At least I have a bike again.

Last edited by a moderator:

TruWrecks
tw,

it ain't all bad---as you mentioned above, you kept the dogs. ( :

hang in there. if you're the spiritual sort, remember that God only gives you as much burden as you can handle.

dean

cincinnati

92fj12-exABS

92fj12-exABS

07fjr13

I got a surprise from work last week. I got some bonus money that the wife doesn't need to know about. I called a friend of mine that works for a dealership. He quoted my a price on a demo bike that is $2600 under MSRP. I know he's taking a loss, but he's trying to help me out. It's not an FJR. I would need a few thousand more than I have to work with right now, but I have two wheels again. That will come soon, but I need to sell the house first. I found out my wife now has over $130,000 hidden in her bank accounts and investments (most of from her income over the past 4 years and some inheritance money), so if she tries to get anything else she's going to have to buy it from me. I have my lawyer blessing. He is supporting me that the reason I need the motorcycle is to save money on fuel since I have to commute 40 miles a day. He's said that it would be extremely dangerous for me to ride in the winter so the truck is a required asset.
I'm not sure what part is worse. That fact that I lost some money on the FJR, or that I sold of it. Ending a marriage really sucks! At least I have a bike again.
I know this all SUCKS BIG TIME but it looks like things are "looking up" for you. In time things WILL work out for you. And you at least have a bike to ride.

Tom

I hope everything works out well for you... and two wheels is teriffic!

I think the worst part is just being blindsided when the other half asks for a divorce....

Now broke but must happier...

Seems a lot of peeps here have done the BTDT divorce thing...

Good luck,

Mary

TWN: I only get to keep the dogs because she doesn't want to pay for the food and extra rent for her apartment contract. At least the dogs will be there to keep me company.
The only reason I bring this up is because 'my' dog was taken by my ex outta spite. Bitch.

+1 - although one of the two dogs requires a special food that's almost 3x the amount of the regular stuff. She wanted the dogs, I was willing to let her pick one, but then I thought (like bikes) "I can always get another dog"