Barnett Clutch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmak

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has changed the stock clutch to Barnett plates yet? I did a search, but didn't find anything other than old threads in which people hadn't because Barnett plates weren't available yet. They are now.

Just wondering if anyone has changed the stock clutch to Barnett plates yet? I did a search, but didn't find anything other than old threads in which people hadn't because Barnett plates weren't available yet. They are now.
We have installed many clutches in the the Yamaha Road Star. Its kinda well known that the RS works BEST with stock plates and with the upgrade Barnett spring / pressure plate... I have an account with Barnett and get all my cables from them for years and they are great people.. Don't have anything against them... just saying that im my experience its best to use the stock plates with the clutch with Yamaha... :) Just my $ .02

Last edited by a moderator:
We have installed many clutches in the the Yamaha Road Star. Its kinda well known that the RS works BEST with sock plates and with the upgrade Barnett spring / pressure plate... I have an account with Barnett and get all my cables from them for years and they are great people.. Don't have anything against them... just saying that im my experience its best to use the stock plates with the clutch with Yamaha... :) Just my $ .02
That is just what I did on my 2008 Road star and man what a difference. I can now feel eack cylinder fire in my seat. Hard to believe just how much the stock set up slipped before. Have not done it to the Feejer because my 2004 runs like a Raped Ape now but when it's time I'll go with the Barnett.

Scoop