barrier strip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
Ok, I searched, but I'm not really seeing an answer to my question, so here it is. I have several leads coming off my battery for a different things, headlight relays, battery charger, etc. I would like to use something, easy as I'm no electrical genius at all. I was thinking one of those barrier strips from Radio Shack. However, the question is, all the leads I have for my things have fuses in them already. Can I just hook up the battery straight to the barrier strip without having to run it through a relay? After that, can I just screw down the connectors for my other things to strip? This seems a lot easier, but then again I don't know, which id why I'm asking.

Thanks,

Rick

The relay doesn't provide protection like a fuse, but it would allow you to set the barrier strip so it only got power when the ignition was on. It is always a good practice to put a fuse between the battery and the barrier strip, with or without a relay.

See this write-up on FJR Tech for details on installing a barrier strip with a relay.

Last edited by a moderator: