Battery Holddown Bolt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitzer

Reaction score
Hi All,

Getting the bike back ready for the riding season I lost the allen bolt that holds the battery brackets together.

Anyone know the specs on it? I would rather source from someone other than a stealer. They probabaly want alot for it.

Thanks Mihalis. Thats a nice site. Wonder what shipping would be though?

Looks like shipping could be two bucks, if thats right that would be OK.

Has anyone else used these guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't take much to go to Ace hardware and just match up the threads on a stainless bolt. Take the threaded piece and you can grab the bolt you need now.

Applying our magic decoder ring to P/N 91317-06012-00 it approaches 100% certainty that the bolt in question is 6mm in diameter and 12mm in length.

Since you are in Chicago you can go to any hardware store such as ACE or big box like Lowes or Home Depot and risk $0.18 and buy a bolt in this size. No shipping, no waiting, immediate gratification.

Edit: The Forum is stunningly slow today, there were several similar posts to mine while I was typing.

$1.99 from my local dealer it looks like. No shipping. Might try your stealer unless you hate them.
biggrin.png

https://www.motioncycle.com/OEMpartfinder.htm#/Yamaha/FJR1300AE_-_FJR13AEW_-_2007/FRAME/FJR13AEW_(2007_MOTORCYCLE)/FRAME_(FJR13AEW_-_2007)

Wish all the Ace Hardware Stores in Dallas hadn't closed. Always a good resource.

Since you are in Chicago you can go to any hardware store such as ACE or big box like Lowes or Home Depot and risk $0.18 and buy a bolt in this size. No shipping, no waiting, immediate gratification.
Agree.

I went one step further several years ago and purchased several drawers myself of metric stainless fasteners like this...so I just go to my spiffy box. Now if Ace doesn't have them....they ask if they can send them to my house. ;)

It wouldn't take much to go to Ace hardware and just match up the threads on a stainless bolt. Take the threaded piece and you can grab the bolt you need now.
That's another idea. I just might need some other parts though. Like those crush washers for the oil drain bolt.

Just saw other replies.

Thanks ion - I need to go to Home Depot, so that might work or stop at Ace like Tom said.

gixxer - Your stealer in DFW steals less than ours...I'm almost sure of it, but for fun I'll call him.

If you feel like going a little digging, note that item 54 is the same P/N as the MIA item 60. If you can get at the bolt you would 1) have a sample to match or 2) need two bolts after you drop item 54 too :lol:

Same experience as Ionbeam's, except I never got my reply off at all. Just wanted to add don't forget to pull the threaded piece and take it into the store with you to test-fit the bolt or screw.

Maybe I'm cheaper than Iggy, but I'll hit a garage or estate sale when I see what looks like a good one, and if the old guy had a coffee can full of miscellaneous little hardware, I always buy it, usually for about a buck or so for a big old can with about $75 worth of screws, bolts, nuts, and washers, if you pieced them out one by one and packaged them four-to-a-bag for $1.99 like Home Depot does. I've spent a little time over the years going through, tossing the nuts here, the bolts there, and so on. Damn seldom I can't find what I need out there.

p.s., I liked the zip-tie idea too. I'm down with the "if it works" school of thought.

gixxer - Your stealer in DFW steals less than ours...I'm almost sure of it, but for fun I'll call him.
Yea, that place has been surprising me lately. Now, when I'm pricing parts online I'll hit up their website as well and see. They've been beating a lot of my usual places I buy from online or coming very close, and there's never a shipping charge either so even if they are more, I usually come out ahead. They are on my way home from work so I can swing by, but several times they've offered to drop my stuff in the mail at no charge. I usually am impatient and just pick it up though.

As for that bolt, I just replaced my battery a few weeks ago. Neither me nor my assistant managed to lose or cross thread it.
biggrin.png

Nice assistant Jasen...I still remember those days.

Regarding the socket-head, visit your local Ace Hardware and pick up one for a few pennies.

--G

ion - that's a good idea. I will try that when I get a chance. Looks like the weekend since we are getting biblical rain...which means biblical basement clean-up.

I didn't lose the bolt.......my universe swallowed it.
rolleyes.gif