• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Battery Tender Plus

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgross

Recusant Infidel
Reaction score
Costco is having an in-warehouse sale this weekend: $10 instant rebate = $29.99.

No waiting for the Brown Truck - instant gratification!

This isn't the BT Jr. It's the BT Plus High Efficency (listed on the BT website for $69.99)

If you are like me - two bikes, sharing the Battery Tender with the Ham Radio backup battery - another BT is a good addition.

Or grab one for a gift to take to that holiday party?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an outstanding deal, and much less than I paid for mine. While most guys hook up a bike to a battery tender and leave it, I think that it is best to periodically hook up a battery to the tender, and leave it off for several weeks. This unit is great for AGM batteries and will charge a LiFePO4 battery, I just don't leave them hooked up long-term (it is not for a Gel battery). I have one and use it between the motorcycle, lawn tractor AGM battery, boat battery and sometimes even hook up the car.

A second unit may be convenient, but don't let it be an excuse to leave it on for an extended period of time, or battery life will be reduced. Delray Battery Tenders are as good as they come, for what it is, and that is a great price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great price...too bad I picked a second one up a few weeks ago - on sale.

Mine rotate between three bikes and the riding lawnmower -- need to ditch the lawnmower and get a forth bike!

Thanks for the heads up bgross!

--G

For those shopping, watch Cycle Gear. I got mine a couple years ago for $19.99

..................wish I had bought a couple more. Hindsight is 20/20

will batt. tender plus also work on cars?
I keep one on my Mazda most of the time. It sees very little use and with all the alarm junk running all the time, the Battery Tender is the only way I can be sure of being able to start the car if I need it.

fyi guys....make sure your battery tender has a fuse in it! I ordered one off amazon and it had just one fuse that was in the battery cables and no fuse in the cord connecting the tender itself to the cables that are to be hooked to your battery. I couldn't figure that out why it didn't work until a friend checked it out and noticed the lack of any fuse.