Say What? The MD 20/20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered the Big Money Rally as practice for the timed rallies? Since there are no real time constraints, you have days (or weeks) to evaluate several routes and compare point values and miles of each. That experience may (or may not) come in handy when on the clock.
I can testify that you get a lot of practice at visualizing the bonus and thinking, "How do I quickly get the correct picture?" That is significant, because time wasted at bonus locations seems to be a key factor in timed-rally results.

Just an opinion, from someone who isn't really motivated to do a timed rally.
Concur that the BMR can be used very effectively to prepare for "on the clock" rallies, and I also concur with the fact that Hud is not very motivated
rolleyes.gif

Eric congrats on the win. I'm sure it was more exciting than dragging some newbies across the country on a 50 CC.
Thanks Griff !!

RFlagg42 posted: Concur that the BMR can be used very effectively to prepare for "on the clock" rallies, and I also concur with the fact that Hud is not very motivated
rolleyes.gif
Forgot to add: "Nice work for a nice trophy. That's gonna look good in your office bookcase!"

And I'm slowly working into the timed rally stuff. BMRx in September, maybe? Fingers crossed that it's on a Tech football off-week, otherwise I'll have to figure out website/internet/cell data/Sena hookup for the play-by-play. Well, that would be a traditional road trip soundtrack, wouldn't it?

Uncle Hud,

Not sure how far it would be for you but Tifton,GA is one of the 3 start locations for the Void Rally in October......

Would love to meet you at the finish in Fredricksburg, VA.