Battlax BT 023 GT combo $171.98

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like i answered my question...
I bought a set on the 023. I hope they last.
dntknw.gif

I hope they last for you also. I counted on my GT023 to go 6000 miles and get me through a CFO / EOM trip last year but they came up short and I had to replace them on the road before EOM started.
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I see that the prices are very similar (within a few dollars) at Rocky Mountain ATV / Jake Wilson. Also free shippers. If these tires turn out to be decent they may be the best bargain around.

My personal experience is that I went through 2 sets of 023GT's, finally tried the very popular PR2's, and couldn't wait to get those off and go back to the 'stones. I'm just down to the wear bars on my latest set and now that the deal is gone I guess I'll try the T30's. The front in particular stays round and lasts a long time, and I think they handle pretty well, and are really good in the rain.

I have been running PR2, I got a set of BT023GT and I'm going to spoon them on this week, I rode 1k mile of Eastern OR roads last weekend and it ate up what's left of the PR2.

My T30 rear was just delivered 5 minutes ago. Free shipping from Jake Wilson. Extra bonus for me is that tire was delivered 22 1/2 hours after I placed the order! They ship from Payson, UT only a couple of hundred miles from me.

price was about $125 includinng shipping and I got the GT version.

Gonna wait a few weeks before I mount it but I need to install it before SWFOG next month.

I've also had pretty awesome service and prices from Jake Wilson (also DBA Rocky Mountain ATV).

THe prices of those new T30's is very attractive. I'm sure I'll be enticed to try them, but it would be good to hear some early adopter reviews.

I've also had pretty awesome service and prices from Jake Wilson (also DBA Rocky Mountain ATV).
THe prices of those new T30's is very attractive. I'm sure I'll be enticed to try them, but it would be good to hear some early adopter reviews.
Yeah, buy from anybody butt the motorcycle super store, they suck!

I dun a 600 mi. loop through the Sierras last Sunday, 'n the GT spec T30s feel damn good. Rode over a drizzly mountain pass, 'n there wuz plenty of grip, did sum spirited twisties, 'n they turn in nice 'n predictably. Had her up to an indicated 120 mph, and they felt smooth. 'Bout mah only complaint is w/ 39 psi F 'n 41R they felt a little harsh at the beginning of the trip, but I didn't notice it near the end, so maybe the "broke in"?

Dunno how these things are gonna wear, but I'm purdie sure you'll be happy w/ the performance.

Hi guys, Air pressura question!

I have had a set on for about 6000 miles,I'am wondering what air pressure you keep your tires at.

I have found that I need to increase the front to 42 lbs, and the rear to 45 lbs to keep them from cupping..

What has your experience been?

Joe

40 front and 42 rear for me. Reduces cupping, but will not completely eliminate it. I got a set of these tires only because of the price. Intended on getting PR2's, and next set will be unless the Stones hold up better than expected.

Went to Bridgestones motorcycle website to see what they had to say about the new tires.

The main page has an Fjr on it. Nice!!

upon clicking some of the tabs I see the "latest" news was dated 2012!! WHAAATT!!!???

41 front, 43 rear. Never had any issues at those pressures. Depending on your weight and desired feel, a couple lbs +/- should be fine. Just remember that the higher pressure you run, you increase the risk of decreasing traxtion; especially in cold and wet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to hopefully clarify, does decreased traction at higher pressures a result of less flex = less heat in the tire? Or is it result in the tire surface not being able to conform to the road as well? Or a combination of both?

Does age of the tire have anything to do with the low price?
It could...maybe at a local dealer. I don't think that's the case with the sales as of late. The 023 GT and the PR 2 will be going away as soon as inventories are depleted.

And I got my T30 GT's when they came out at an introductory price.

I did get to play on the FSB roads of SE Ohio for about 500 miles last Friday...I think I'm gonna like the T30 GT's.

I just hope that they last as long as the PR2's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does age of the tire have anything to do with the low price?
It could...maybe at a local dealer. I don't think that's the case with the sales as of late. The 023 GT and the PR 2 will be going away as soon as inventories are depleted.

And I got my T30 GT's when they came out at an introductory price.

I did get to play on the FSB roads of SE Ohio for about 500 miles last Friday...I think I'm gonna like the T30 GT's.

I just hope that they last as long as the PR2's.
Yep
punk.gif