BeamerReamer & AuburnFJR road trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like others have said stay safe and enjoy the trip, looking forward to hearing about this when you guys get back. Remember no hunting forest rats with FJR's and watch out for those oldies driving their RV's like Dale Jr.

We are headed out that way next year, going to try to do both highways with a short stop over in Fairbanks. So it will be interesting to hear your experiences

Chris and Di

Like others have said stay safe and enjoy the trip, looking forward to hearing about this when you guys get back. Remember no hunting forest rats with FJR's and watch out for those oldies driving their RV's like Dale Jr.

We are headed out that way next year, going to try to do both highways with a short stop over in Fairbanks. So it will be interesting to hear your experiences

Chris and Di
I love it when our British friends make a Nascar reference...no telling what will happen next with the rapture being a bust and all.

Some miscellaneous facts for the trip:

• 4200 miles as the route stands, but I expect some side trips will increase the mileage a bit
  • 11 days of road time
  • Dirt camping the whole time. That means tents and sleeping bags.
  • No reservations. We have a rough idea of where we would like to end up each evening, but nothing booked.
  • I will be pulling a trailer for the first time, that way we can take all the stuff needed to be comfy.
  • Pulling a Bushtec Turbo 2. AuburnFJR already has one and I have seen it in action. Pretty amazing really.
  • Planned using Googlemaps, Streets and Trips, Mapsource, Milepost 2011, and Destination Highways, BC.

I hope you guys have a great ride and get good weather breaks. Don't forget to get "hyderized" in Hyder (walk into any bar and ask!). Once you get to Watson Lake and start heading south, plan to stop at Liard River Hot Springs for a soak (at km 765 of the Alaska Hwy}. One of the best hot springs in Canada IMHO. There is a camp ground there too so it might be a convenient place to stop.

(My link)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck enjoy the ride. Jealous....Jealous....Jealous.
You're supposed to meet us in the Kamloops area on the way back down, remember? We should be in the Wells Gray Park area on the 3rd, Princeton on the 4th, home on the 5th.
Something came up and I can not make Kamloops (Wells Grey) on the 3rd, but should I be able to find a dog sitter for the 4th and 5th, I could meet up with you near Meritt or Aspen Grove in the late afternoon / early evening -- depending on your riding schedule.

I hope you guys have a great ride and get good weather breaks. Don't forget to get "hyderized" in Hyder (walk into any bar and ask!). Once you get to Watson Lake and start heading south, plan to stop at Liard River Hot Springs for a soak (at km 765 of the Alaska Hwy}. One of the best hot springs in Canada IMHO. There is a camp ground there too so it might be a convenient place to stop.

(My link)
Liard River Hot Springs is most definitely on the list. Even brought trunks so I don't get kicked out of Canuckistan. We just landed for the night in Hixon just short of Prince George. Stayed in the Squamish area last night.

Fun!!

Sloooooooooooooooow bandwidth here. So no pictures yet to put up. Just a few showers nothing bad at all. Weather is suppose to be improving the farther north we go. Saw the first moose warning sign. So far the deer count is at least a dozen on the edge of the road.