• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beautiful 2005 FJr (non-abs) for sale - SOLD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrik

Reaction score
Hello all, after being gone for awhile from the forum due to purchasing a new home and having to do a total rehab and not having a ton of time, I'm putting my excellent condition FJR up for sale. It has not been in any accidents or ever dropped or repainted. I have done many upgrades and add-ons (farkles) to the bikes, which has made it even more of a fantastic machine which someone will benefit from. I will list the farkles that i have done, OEM components it has and maintenance done:

- 27k miles

- OEM side bags with liners

- OEM top case and adapter mounting plate

- Holeshot full exhaust

- PCIII with wally's map

- Braided front and rear brake lines

- Braided clutch line

- Penske 8983 rear shock (set for 190lbs rider)

- Front fork upgrade (1.1 straight rate springs with all new ohlins internals, done by GMD computrak)

- Bar risers (1" up and back)

- New battery with battery tender hook up

- Front and rear tire have over 50% left of life

- Fuze block (only goes on with key)

- Audiovox Cruise control

- Gerauld's radar mount

- Heat gear wiring and controller for gerbing's gear

- 12 volt plug in

- Steering stem cell phone or GPS holder

- Updated CCT and TPS

- Oxford Heated Grips

- Passenger back rest (removable)

Extras: 4" larger than stock wind screen, Yamaha bike cover, New Bridgestone front tire (bt-023gt) come with sale

Maintenance: All done in the last 3k of miles

- New air filter

- Throttle body sync

- Trans axle oil replaced

- Driveshaft splines cleaned and lubed

- Head bearings cleaned and lubed

- Rear shock and suspension components cleaned, inspected and lubed

I have had this bike for many years and it has been great, i would like to sell the bike fairly quickly so if you have any question or know someone looking for a great machine please forward this to them. I will attach the craiglist ad to the post because it has photos in it and i can not put picture in my posts.

https://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/d/beautiful-fjr-non-abs-for-sale/6234984169.html

Thanks so much,

Mavrik

Last edited by a moderator:
Image assist - nice looking '05. Low mileage and well farkled. Good luck with the sale!!

00s0s_6x4EdLduIVd_600x450.jpg

00S0S_le1zH3IeYRM_600x450.jpg

I wish. Farkles alone are worth over $2G new..... Or more. Yeah its old. Puts out a lot of heat-BUT. Gen I is rock solid bike.

Don't give it away. Worth more .

I wish. Farkles alone are worth over $2G new..... Or more. Yeah its old. Puts out a lot of heat-BUT. Gen I is rock solid bike.Don't give it away. Worth more .
I absolutely agree. Unfortunately, it is only worth what someone will pay for it. I hope the OP gets a fair price but, unfortunately, it is a buyer's market - especially for older bikes.

thanks all... I don't think there's a heat issue at all with the 2005, or at least this one, the 2004 might be different more than 2003. His bike was no warmer than any other bike that I had with full fairings

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking '05, good mileage for its age, nice farkles. Too bad it's in RI. My buddy's Bergman just got backed over in a parking lot and totaled--and he LOVED my '05. Don't suppose you deliver?
rolleyes.gif
GLWS.