Best Price For 1300 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
South Bay Motorsports -  National City, California.
13,420 OTD.

Oh yeah -  that's an 'A'
Hmmmm... I was expecting to have to go up to LA to find the best deal. These guys are only about 10 miles from my house! Sweet! B) Now I know where I'll be buying my '06 - that is, after I hear the reviews from ANYBODY that has actually ridden one. I'm still torn between the A/AE and I still don't know if I believe the hype about the heat/wind reductions... We'll see!

I bought my 05 from Byrd's last year and was very satisfied with the delivery. They are a five star dealership and have treated me very well. When I came up from St. Louis they had it in the back under a cover. After a thorough walk through I was on my way with the bike, the cover, and a new dealership to take any warranty work too. Would definetly buy from them again.

never ever pay for "set up " fees ,,

it is a bogus fee ,, they are charging you for taking it out of the shipping crate and making it ready to run ,, the dealer is required by Yamaha to set the bike up ,, its like a car dealer asking you to pay for floor mats or "destination fee" after paying 30gs ,,

only women pay for floor mats and set up fees !!!!

:blink: So.CalMike, are your sure about the OTD price. MSRP on the 2006 "1300A" is $13,499.00. Your talking less than MSRP. In CA tax is a big hit. I don't think they would leave that out. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
In Texas though, we have NO

1) Income Tax

2) SNOW!

Best Regards,

Shane

Shane, I was just in Texas last week moving a friend from Austin Tx, to Cody, Wy.

You are right, you have not income tax, but your property taxes are 5 (five) times higher than Wyoming and 3 (three) times higher than Montana.

That is a heck of a lot more money than the savings in income tax!

The person moving from Tex sold a $287,000 house (taxes $6000 per year) and bought a $300,000 house in Wyoming,(taxes $1800) :haha: :punk:

That is a big, big difference. GO WEST YOUNG MAN, GO WEST! (TO MONTANA AND WYOMING) :D

Nothing personal, but why would anyone what to stay in Texas? Texas IS big, but that's it.

I drove for 1500 miles in the state and all I saw was flat land and very little hills. I did see a lot of Mestqite , (which I must admit is very nice looking).

Other than that I would say Texas looks like most of the plains states, flat and

non-descript . Texas reminds me of North and South Dakota, Oklahoma, eastern Colorado, Nebraska.and eastern Montana. I don't know why anyone would want to live in those places either (remember, nothing personal for those places either).

I can't think of a worse place on earth to ride a FJR other than the Salt Flats with 75 mph speed limit! The sidewalls of your tires must still be new after 15,000 miles.

I can sure see why the cowboys brought in sheep! Too far to go to town to get a date.

In western Montana we call Sheep, "Range Maggets"

You might Say Texas is like is like a feminist activist--- intellegent, dedicated, very motovated, with a proud history, but nothing to look at! :brunette:

But always remember:

Montana's state song is -- There will never be another ewe! :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

So you see we have our problems too! :cry:

In Texas though, we have NO
1) Income Tax

2) SNOW!

Best Regards,

Shane

Shane, I was just in Texas last week moving a friend from Austin Tx, to Cody, Wy.

You are right, you have not income tax, but your property taxes are 5 (five) times higher than Wyoming and 3 (three) times higher than Montana.

That is a heck of a lot more money than the savings in income tax!

The person moving from Tex sold a $287,000 house (taxes $6000 per year) and bought a $300,000 house in Wyoming,(taxes $1800) :haha: :punk:

That is a big, big difference. GO WEST YOUNG MAN, GO WEST! (TO MONTANA AND WYOMING) :D
Property taxes are higher in Texas - but OVERALL tax rates are lower! If you are fortunate enough to make a good income, the Income Tax of most states will equal or exceed most families property taxes in Texas.

Best Regards,

Shane

Nothing personal, but why would anyone what to stay in Texas? Texas IS big, but that's it.
I drove for 1500 miles in the state and all I saw was flat land and very little hills. I did see a lot of Mestqite , (which I must admit is very nice looking).

Other than that I would say Texas looks like most of the plains states, flat and

non-descript . Texas reminds me of North and South Dakota, Oklahoma, eastern Colorado, Nebraska.and eastern Montana. I don't know why anyone would want to live in those places either (remember, nothing personal for those places either).

I can't think of a worse place on earth to ride a FJR other than the Salt Flats with 75 mph speed limit! The sidewalls of your tires must still be new after 15,000 miles.

I can sure see why the cowboys brought in sheep! Too far to go to town to get a date.

You might Say Texas is like is like a feminist activist--- intellegent, dedicated, very motovated, with a proud history, but nothing to look at!

(REMEMBER - NOTHING PERSONAL)

But Montana's state song is ---"There will never be another ewe!" :bleh:
But in Montana now your "white" kryptonite will be around for the next 6 months. I just got back from a two day, 1000 mile ride in Texas / Louisiana where the lowest temperature I experienced was mid-40's late last night!

As far as women of Texas, if you didn't see a lot women you consider BEAUTIFUL, I am guessing you are (I am going to stop here as I don't want this to get too insulting :bleh: )!

Best Regards,

Shane

You might Say Texas is like is like a feminist activist--- intellegent, dedicated, very motovated, with a proud history, but nothing to look at! :brunette:

But always remember:

Montana's state song is -- There will never be another ewe! :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

You must have crossed the state via one of the interstates. Texas is large and you didn't see but a tiny fraction of it, 1500 miles or not. Get away from the interstate or the pan handle and the Lone Star state can surprise you. In fact , there are points in Texas higher than ANY point east of the Mississippi.

Yeah, you might have to drive a while to find the good roads, but there are some. Just got to get away from the Interstate.

Now if it would just rain a little . . . . . . :eh:

Nothing personal, but why would anyone what to stay in Texas?  Texas IS big, but that's it. 
I drove for 1500 miles in the state and all I saw was flat land and very little hills.  I did see a lot of Mestqite , (which I must admit is very nice looking).

non-descript .  Texas reminds me of North and South Dakota, Oklahoma, eastern Colorado, Nebraska.and eastern Montana.  I don't know why anyone would want to live in those places either (remember, nothing personal for those places either).

I can't think of a worse place on earth to ride a FJR other than the Salt Flats with 75 mph speed limit!  The sidewalls of your tires must still be new after 15,000 miles.

I can sure see why the cowboys brought in sheep!  Too far to go to town to get a date.

You might Say Texas is like is like a feminist activist---  intellegent, dedicated, very motovated, with a proud history, but nothing to look at! :brunette:

But always remember:

Montana's state song is -- There will never be another ewe! :bleh:   :bleh:   :bleh:

You must have missed the tall pines in the east - some great roads there winding thru the forests - the Austin area has the Hill Country, some of the best twisties and elevation changes around. You aren't going to be at 10,000 feet but still some great vistas. Granted west of Ft. Worth can be boring as hell especially if you are on the interstate but the Big Bend area and the Table Rock area is like nothing else. Plus we are close enough to Oklahoma and Arkansas to ride their mountains without having to say we are from there. :D

1500 miles? Well see? That just proves the point that you didn't get a chance to see much at all. As someone pointed out earlier, you have to get off the Interstates to see the more intersting parts, but it's worth it.

Next time you're in our fair state, hopefully you get a chance to work some of these into your visit:

klaus.jpg

30_west_texas1.jpg

https://www.texmoto.com/TexMotoMainRides/BanderaArea.htm

https://www.americansouthwest.net/texas/big...isosroad_l.html

Wow! You guys love Texas. I stand corrected!

Shane, You read the part about what Texas was like incorrectly. I meant it was "LIKE" a lib. woman. I didn't mean Little Texan Women are uninteresting, I ment the landscape of Texas was uninteresting.

Believe me, I find good looking women all over the world, in all 50 states, and if I find one that is not too good looking all it takes is a few beers to correct that problem! (Those women seem to drink more before dancing with me too!)

AND, You are correct about the white stuff Shane. It's coming down outside right now by the carload. (Look at your weather map tonight on TV and you will see the Cycle Stopping Storm I'm talking about! )

I'm so sorry I took on Texas without getting off her interstates! AND, Oh, God, dare I say I was in an SUV, not on a bike! (when I was down there last week it was 65 to 70! I forgot to mention that!)

OK, bring your Texas horses and boots up here to Montana (in the Spring and we will have a real roundup!) Two wheel steeds with 100+ horses are welcome too!

Wahoooo! :thumbup: :haha:

Tejas, Those photos are not fair! They are honest and beautiful, just not fair.

I love the one with the (black bird or Ninja?) Which is it? Doesn't look like he has any flat spots on his tires.

Again, I'm sorry. I was wrong. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But I can't let that get to me too much. I have to go out a shovel Shane's white stuff. :cold: :mad:

The white stuff and cold :cold: is good for something! :hockey: :hockeycheck:

You guys from Texas must think I'm a real :asshat2: (always wanted to use that symbol without offending anyone)

OK, Am I back in the good graces of the Texans? Can I ride into Texas on my bike (Montana plate) IRNHRS? :innocent: :airkiss: :angel: :drinks: :friends:

The plate # is to show my trust for you, as I know you won't shoot me :trinibob: :guns:

Clark Kent :super1:

No harm, no foul Clark. Besides us Texans can be an arrogant bunch of S.O.B.'s. I hope next time you get the chance to ride down here you post up so that some of us might show you around some our favorite spots.

What's funny is that I grew up out in the flatlands (and badlands?) of West Texas. I"ve seen yardsticks with more curves than the road from Odessa to Lubbock.

I'd bet that pretty much every state (maybe even Iowa?) has some good roads and if/when I make it up to Montana-ways, I'll definately check in with you for some suggestions on planning the trip.

:drinks:

Tejas, You got it! Come on up! You will be glad to know I live on the famous HW 12 out of Lolo, Montana. It is very famous for it's run from Lolo, Montana over the pass to Lewiston, Idaho. Has a sign on top of the pass that says "Caution S next 77 miles!" And it is.

I guess it's kind of like the dragon. Right now it's like the dragon under 4' of snow! :cold:

Come see us in the summer. Were always looking for good bikes to pay our gas tax and fix our roads. :haha:

Wow!  You guys love Texas.  I stand corrected!
Shane,  You read the part about what Texas was like incorrectly.  I meant it was "LIKE" a lib. woman.  I didn't mean Little Texan Women are uninteresting,  I ment the landscape of Texas was uninteresting.

Believe me, I find good looking women all over the world, in all 50 states, and if I find one that is not too good looking all it takes is a few beers to correct that problem! (Those women seem to drink more before dancing with me too!)

AND, You are correct about the white stuff Shane.  It's coming down outside right now by the carload.  (Look at your weather map tonight on TV and you will see the Cycle Stopping Storm I'm talking about! )

I'm so sorry I took on Texas without getting off her interstates!  AND, Oh, God, dare I say I was in an SUV, not on a bike!  (when I was down there last week it was 65 to 70!  I forgot to mention that!)

OK, bring your Texas horses and boots up here to Montana (in the Spring and we will have a real roundup!)  Two wheel steeds with 100+ horses are welcome too! 

Wahoooo!  :thumbup: :haha:

Tejas,  Those photos are not fair!  They are honest and beautiful, just not fair.

I love the one with the (black bird or Ninja?)  Which is it?  Doesn't look like he has any flat spots on his tires.

Again,  I'm sorry.  I was wrong. :cry:   :cry:   :cry:

But I can't let that get to me too much.  I have to go out a shovel Shane's white stuff. :cold:   :mad:

The white stuff and cold :cold: is good for something! :hockey:  :hockeycheck:

You guys from Texas must think I'm a real  :asshat2: (always wanted to use that symbol without offending anyone)

OK,  Am I back in the good graces of the Texans?  Can I ride into Texas on my bike (Montana plate)  IRNHRS? :innocent: :airkiss:  :angel:   :drinks:   :friends:

The plate # is to show my trust for you, as I know you won't shoot me :trinibob:   :guns: 

Clark Kent  :super1:
Clark,

Sorry to jump on you! Next time you are down this way, let us know and we can all meet in Dalhart (NOT AN INTERESTING PLACE) and head south (about 450 miles) to the Texas Hill Country! If I get a chance, I will post pictures from my last bike trip there a few weeks ago.

If I get back up to Montana (just there in August), it would be GREAT to have a guide :clap:!

Best Regards,

Shane

we can all meet in Dalhart (NOT AN INTERESTING PLACE)
If I get back up to Montana (just there in August), it would be GREAT to have a guide :clap:!

Best Regards,

Shane
Shane, You Just made me feel better! I WAS in Delhart and I thought of it as you do. Not too interesting. However, I also think I went through the hill country as I went from Delhart down to Austin, sometimes off the interstates.

It just doesn't look the same if your not on a bike. Honestly, you see much more and see it in a different way (your part of it) on a bike!

I guess I would have had a much different feeling of Texas if I had been on a bike!

When You get to Montana, your guide awaits! :bye: :drinks: