beware of pickups

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti

Reaction score
COVINGTON, La. — A boxed bathtub fell from the bed of a pickup truck and slid into a motorcyclist's path Saturday, critically injuring the 72-year-old rider, Louisiana State Police said.

Charles S. Warren was thrown from his motorcycle when it hit the bathtub, and was being treated at St. Tammany Parish Hospital, according to a news release from Trooper Louis Calato.

He said the motorcycle, the box and the bathtub all ended up in the grass median of Interstate 12.

The pickup's driver, Shain Autumn, 32, of Springfield, was booked with negligent injury and driving with an unsecured load, Calato said.

I am very leary of riding near vehicles with loads outside the vehicle. You can't judge the compency of the one that put the load on. Ride Safe! TJ

That had to suck... I would certainly put a bathtub on my list of things most likely NOT to hit me while riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pickup's driver, Shain Autumn, 32, of Springfield, was booked with negligent injury and driving with an unsecured load, Calato said.
i might be jumping the gun here, but the looks like the initial charges are more severe than if he'd taken a left turn infront of the guy and killed him... :angry2: :blink: :blink: :angry2: