Black hills SD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, off-year for me. Enjoy the "Freak Show" while you are there! The people watching there is more enjoyable than any place in the world(outside of a Brazilian beach full of supermodels!) You will see things you never imagined, some very good, some very wrong. Plan an evening at one of the campgrounds, the Chip tends to be very raunchy. KISS is at Glencoe this year. Help Gene Simmons stay independently wealthy. Just keep reminding yourself, these are the same people who go to Star Wars conventions, they are just wearing a different costume this week.

Hey Spook I just came through there 2 days ago and the campgrounds are already filling up. Also, as with Daytona there are tons of trailer-queens. I did pass 1 FJR West of Fargo with a group. Maybe he's going.

Rob

Nope, off-year for me. Enjoy the "Freak Show" while you are there! The people watching there is more enjoyable than any place in the world(outside of a Brazilian beach full of supermodels!) You will see things you never imagined, some very good, some very wrong. Plan an evening at one of the campgrounds, the Chip tends to be very raunchy. KISS is at Glencoe this year. Help Gene Simmons stay independently wealthy. Just keep reminding yourself, these are the same people who go to Star Wars conventions, they are just wearing a different costume this week.
:angry:

I live here so I get to put up with it every year. I just wish they would learn to ride before they come rather than pulling their bike here and then doing it for probably the first time. Thank God i live in the middle of the Mt and not in Sturgis itself. I was just going to let the people know they could contact me if they needed help or just to say hello.

Hey Spook I just came through there 2 days ago and the campgrounds are already filling up. Also, as with Daytona there are tons of trailer-queens. I did pass 1 FJR West of Fargo with a group. Maybe he's going.
Rob

Hope you had a great ride.

Are there going to be any of yall out here for that?
Hey Spook, I plan on being out there after the rally. Staying in Sundance WY August 11, then 2 nights in Keystone. Hopefully most of the crowds will be gone by then. I'll be with a couple of buddies on their HDs. Do you know of any roads to stay away from, construction, etc.?

Thanks

Danno

Are there going to be any of yall out here for that?
Hey Spook, I plan on being out there after the rally. Staying in Sundance WY August 11, then 2 nights in Keystone. Hopefully most of the crowds will be gone by then. I'll be with a couple of buddies on their HDs. Do you know of any roads to stay away from, construction, etc.?

Thanks

Danno
they try to get most construction down to a minimum during the rally. I have found that most of the better riding roads around here are in good shape. Not much to do in Sundance I do work for the jail there and most of the other counties around here. Keystone is only about a 30 mile ride for me or 5 miles as the crow flies It is a fun little town but very much just set up for the tourists. There are a lot of very nice rides out of there though. give me a pm if you would like my number and I might just be able to meet you and let you know some of the best.

I'll be out that way, but after the costume party...somewhere around 14/15 Aug. I actually reversed the route I was originally going to take because of Sturgis, and I'll be on the return leg of a Houston-to-Banff run and will be in the right frame of mind for a cold beer if anyone wants to link up.

I'll be out there. It will be trip #10 for me. I usually ride out there with friends from the Mpls. St Paul area. They left early this year so I'll be heading out alone. We stay in a small campground near Belle Forche. One year, I left my wallet and check book with ALL my cash on a picnic table and went with our group for a ride. The fellow campers next to us told me when I returned that they had watched it all day and no one touched it. Gotta love a Christian campground!!!

I think MNFJR05 has it right. It's a ring side seat to the greatest show on earth. It's usually good people watching. Some HOT things and some that make you go eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!! :bad:

Erik.

I'll be out that way, but after the costume party...somewhere around 14/15 Aug. I actually reversed the route I was originally going to take because of Sturgis, and I'll be on the return leg of a Houston-to-Banff run and will be in the right frame of mind for a cold beer if anyone wants to link up.
I will pm you with my phone number. Don't drink but I can show you a watering hole on a nice road and have an NA while you have a beer.

I'll be out there. It will be trip #10 for me. I usually ride out there with friends from the Mpls. St Paul area. They left early this year so I'll be heading out alone. We stay in a small campground near Belle Forche. One year, I left my wallet and check book with ALL my cash on a picnic table and went with our group for a ride. The fellow campers next to us told me when I returned that they had watched it all day and no one touched it. Gotta love a Christian campground!!!I think MNFJR05 has it right. It's a ring side seat to the greatest show on earth. It's usually good people watching. Some HOT things and some that make you go eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!! :bad:

Erik.
People who are built like me in netting can put you off your lunch. I will pm you with my phone number and if you are interested my club is doing a poker run on the 5th.

I was there Thursday and Friday. My first time to make it to Bike week. I liked it but I didn't take the FJR this time. Didn't look like many other people brought their FJR either. If I come back next year I guess I will have to cut the mufflers off to fit in.

i went to the costume party in yamaha gear. the first time in 22 years not on a harley. i had alot of positive comments on the fjr. got to test ride a new connie 14 as well as a new fjr and fjr automatic. nice bikes.

i need to replace my rear tire after the trip, about 2200 miles total. its an azarro by avon with 11k on it. not bad.

hope every one had a good time.

tbwrench.