Bluetooth w/dual GPS’s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapest

Reaction score
Is anyone running two gps’s to one bluetooth headset successfully?

I have a Zumo 665 which I want to keep for sat radio.

I am thinking about buying an XT (on sale right now for a decent price).

The SENA 10s headset says it supports two HFP connections, but I am looking for some real world experience.

thx

-Steve

' tried to with the Sena 50S, could not make it work.  Couldn't find anything that would either.

Where are you finding a great deal on the XT? I see the same $499 price everywhere. 4 months ago there was a deal for $399 still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger then.

On my 595 which has the large connection cable one of those ports is Audio in. I wonder if you could route and audio line out of the 665 and into the Audio in on the 595 and pick up your XM that way. Not wireless but as least it is a pathway. This would only require a single bluetooth connection to the 595. 

On my 595 which has the large connection cable one of those ports is Audio in. I wonder if you could route and audio line out of the 665 and into the Audio in on the 595 and pick up your XM that way. Not wireless but as least it is a pathway. This would only require a single bluetooth connection to the 595. 
That should work.  My riding buddy has a 595 and has plugged the audio out cable from his radar detector into that audio in port and it works fine along with the GPS simultaneously.  I thought that the Sena requires you to manually toggle between the 2 audio sources when paired with both.

I have a Mix-It amplifier in my storage cubby that I hard wired the audio out from my GPS and radar detector to (it has 4 audio in ports)--I then plug a bluetooth transmitter into its audio out port to get both sources paired to a bluetooth receiver that I keep in my inside jacket pocket that's connected to my earspeakers. 

' tried to with the Sena 50S, could not make it work.  Couldn't find anything that would either.
You tried the "media selective pairing" ?

Where are you finding a great deal on the XT? I see the same $499 price everywhere. 4 months ago there was a deal for $399 still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger then.

In Canada $559 is a great price, they are C$679 most of the time. Yes I am aware of the wired choices, hoping not to have to go that route.

Thx for the quick replies.

Still hoping someone has had success.

-Steve

Yes, I tried media selective pairing.  Didn't work for me.  But I am trying to get the sound/mic into the Gold Wing audio system and use dual GPS hook up.  Ended up with a 595 for phone connections, and to use as back up to the XT.  The XT was BT to a dongle connected to the aux system on the Gold Wing audio.  

Just did the Butt Lite X with the system, funny how the XT is faster and 595 would come up with different routes even though both were loaded with the exact same route from base camp.  I didn't want to use wireless headsets due to the limits on how long the batteries last.  We were on the bike 16+ hours a day.  The SENA SM10 and Freewire systems did not allow for 2 GPS to be connected with BT at the same time.  

Just to close off this topic.

You cannot pair two GPS's to any SENA headset.

You cannot pair a 660/665 to an XT either.

So its back to 1990 and a wired connection with a curly cord.

-Steve