Sena SM10 with J&M CB?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiggy1

Reaction score
I have a J&M CB2003 handlebar unit that I use and enjoy with all the features. I have the Garmin Zumo connected to it and intercom with my passenger. My phone is connected to the Garmin and then feeds into the J&M.

Now looking at some of the Bluetooth units coming out, including helmets with the Sena pre-installed, I am thinking of upgrading. However, I don't want to replace all the J&M headsets in all our helmets (spouse and children) with Sena headsets...pocket book can't handle that in one season. So I am looking at the SM10 as in intermediate step as I migrate helmets. Sena makes a 6-pin cable to go from the helmet jack to the SM10 unit. It looks like a mono plug.

Has anyone used this setup of the SM10 with the J&M to connect a bluetooth headset? If so, is this a plug-n-play solution in that the J&M/Garmin/phone all are connected along with one wired headset and a seamless wireless headset?

Last edited by a moderator: