Both headlights, at the same time?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not know that and I too have the Addmore tail light. I can unplug it to see if it does anything but seems odd they tail light could pull voltage from the headlights. We shall see.
Already suggested in Post #30
"Start by disconnecting the brake light bar if you haven't already done so. Check ALL fuses... (Always suspect whatever you did most recently) I would also disconnect the fuse block and the relay trigger connection - assuming it has switched and unswitched circuits."

I use the KISS method of diagnostics ... The last thing I changed is 'probably' related to the problem

I did not know that and I too have the Addmore tail light. I can unplug it to see if it does anything but seems odd they tail light could pull voltage from the headlights. We shall see.
My point was my rear LED trunk lights need 12 volts. 11 didn't turn them on like a Halogen bulb. Reason I asked if you jumped wired 12 volts from the battery to your headlights . If you did and headlights worked. Use VOM trace back to headlights power at main fuse block. Your Gen III is different from my Gen II.

Hey Keith
Progress on your headlights did you find the problem? I had fun riding to Stevenville for BBQ .
Louis

Not yet my friend. We just returned from a 10 day visit to CO and NM in the RV. Once it cools off to something under 100 degrees, will get back to troubleshooting.

Attachments

• IMG_5723.jpg
    IMG_5723.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0