Bought an FZ09. Sold the FJR. Farewell--and Thanks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to all for your great expertise and general good nature on this fantastic forum. Sold my 2013 FJR yesterday. Just decided I really don't tour and with my new bike, the FJR was going to sit around-a lot. Between my defensive pistol shooting hobby commitments, the quest for the perfect $3 cigar, and stepping up fitness activities like running, It would not have been fair to "Shelly".

I really find I primarily need a commuter, with some storage space. I *might* take "Valencia" on the occasional 200 mile trek to a pistol match, but she'll likely just get me around local. I'll be adding the Madstad system for the bike, which allows quick change out between a taller shield and their fly screen.

I will poke in from time to time. I think sport touring enthusiasts are the best educated and resourced folks that own bikes.

For now, here's Valencia!

Jeff

Got a chance to ride an FZ09 at Daytona last October. I really enjoyed that. It's a wonderful machine, and what a price !!! I understand they will keep up quite well with an FJR in the quarter mile, not that most would care.

Just curious, is that the fly screen you've got mounted in the second pic?

Good luck

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, enjoy the FZ-09! If I could have a second bike, the FZ would probably be one of my top picks!!
punk.gif
punk.gif

Really looked hard at the FZ-09 for my second bike. Though I went Street Triple R, I do like what they're doing with this (and the -07)!

Got a chance to ride an FZ09 at Daytona last October. I really enjoyed that. It's a wonderful machine, and what a price !!! I understand they will keep up quite well with an FJR in the quarter mile, not that most would care.
Just curious, is that the fly screen you've got mounted in the second pic?

Good luck

Gary

darksider #44
Screen is the Puig Touring. May or may not get the Madstad fly screen, but will definitely try their system with a touring screen. The Madstad fly screen is a little shorter and is more like the Puig sport height.

Congrats, quite the transition from pic to pic!

Rode an FZ09 a couple months ago at the Demo truck...fun, just can't figure out what I'd use it for! And that's probably a good thing!

Have fun.

--G

Latest posts