Bought the wife a new bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ULEWZ

Reaction score
Ann has been bugging me for a new bike to replace her DRZ400sm, as that bike has a high center of gravity and only 35hp, so we splerged and got here a brand new 2012 Triumph Street Triple R in red. So far she loves it and it is light at under 400 lbs. :clapping:
AnnLewisSP3R.jpg

That is a very nice ride !!! A buddy of mine rides the Speed Triple and loves it. No issues with the bike...

Triples are without a doubt THE best engine for a motorcycle. Now if Yamaha could make a 1300cc triple sport tourer, I'd be all over it.

Triples are without a doubt THE best engine for a motorcycle. Now if Yamaha could make a 1300cc triple sport tourer, I'd be all over it.
I like the idea of a triple, and that Street Triple by the OP looks awesome...

...BUT I replaced my XS Eleven(four) with an XS850(triple) with insurance money in 1980 after the Eleven got stolen...and all I thought about was how puny the HP was compared to the Eleven. I guess I really look at the response of the throttle more than how many pistons it has.

All things being equal in the response category, I would love a triple.

I need a rich step daddy like Beemerdons or somebody like that to buy me a bunch of different bikes so I can compare them all.

But if that doesn't happen...I'm still good with touring the world on my FJR.

...BUT I replaced my XS Eleven(four) with an XS850(triple) with insurance money in 1980 after the Eleven got stolen...and all I thought about was how puny the HP was compared to the Eleven. I guess I really look at the response of the throttle more than how many pistons it has.

I need a rich step daddy like Beemerdons or somebody like that to buy me a bunch of different bikes so I can compare them all.

Beemerdons already has one bastard step child drinking his beer so why on earth would he want another one. Beside that I am in line in front of you. :p

Beemerdons already has one bastard step child drinking his beer so why on earth would he want another one. Beside that I am in line in front of you. :p
Yeah, I know I've no shot at that.

But maybe if Smitty would let me ride his bike(s) when gets them, I should have a good number of test rides of different bikes in the next ten years or so to make comparisons with...please Smitty please...

Life is pretty sweet when the wife gets the speed triple as her gift. Mebbe I should try that for Valentines Day.

[Missus Hudson grabs the laptop. "Do that and I may have to treat myself to private pilates lessons with Ricardo, the hot latin trainer. He has strong hands"]

Never mind.