Bridgeport Weekend Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Patrick, he of the famed Manchester trip a few weeks ago, also organizes an annual trek to Bridgeport and back. I've been several times and it is always a wonderful weekend of great roads, wonderful people, and a kick ass dinner provided by the Virginia Creek Settlement (the steaks alone are a meal unto themselves!). Henceforth and heretofore are the details for this year's adventure. Hope to see a few of you there! B)

--------------------------------------------------------

The dates are set for Bridgeport 2009:

September 19 & 20, 2009

EDIT:

We have two hotel beds left - and about 1/2 the tent cabin beds.

If you are interested in going - send your payment in now!

With a bit of luck, we will see the fall colors as we ride over the mountain passes. We did in 2008.

While the rates have gone up just a bit from last year (what hasn't!), I still think it is a bargain for a full weekend with two complete meals and wine with dinner. And a campfire too!

$105 for the shared hotel room and two meals

$75 for the shared hardwall tent cabin or wagon and two meals. (full bedding provided - but you still might want to bring your own sleeping bag at this time of the year)

$70 for the shared tent site and two meals. BYOT (Bring Your Own Tent) and your own sleeping bag.

** If you send in payment for the hotel bed and they are all full, please let me know if you want a complete refund, or be switched to the tent cabin/wagon and only the difference refunded.

As in past years, room and bed priority is based on the order in which payment is received. These advance deposits are also what I use to pay the deposit at the Settlement. I can't fund the entire deposit out of my pocket - my wallet isn't that big! No deposits - no reservation and the trip is cancelled.

PAY ATTENTION HERE:

Refunds only given if I can resell your space or the trip is canceled. I don't care how much advance notice you give me. I had some problems with people understanding this simple policy in years past and I don't want the hassles again next year.

PayPal is the only accepted method of payment as it helps with my record keeping. You really do want me to remember you paid - don't you? You don't need a PayPal account to send money.

https://www.paypal.com

Send your PayPal payment to:

[email protected]

Credit cards are accepted to this account, as well as payments funded by your checking or savings account. Apologies in advance for any problems this might cause you.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best,

Patrick

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

The small print:

All accommodations are shared - there are no single rooms or tent spaces. Rooms, tents & wagons hold between 2 and 4 people. Beds come in all shapes and sizes and may include, but are not limited to: twin beds, single beds, double beds, sofa beds, bunk beds, futons, queen beds and anything else The Settlement might add between now and then. The "better" beds are assigned based in the order in which payment is received subject to the flexibility needed to insure the maximum number of people can attend.

Your advance payment guarantees a place to sleep and two meals only. Room, bed, and/or tent & wagon assignments are at my sole discretion and are subject to change at any time without notice.

Unless you are sleeping in the same bed, requests for specific roommates will be accepted but not guaranteed. If you are married and want to sleep with your spouse, be sure to let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
"If you are married and want to sleep with your spouse, be sure to let me know! "

Stayed tuned to our next exciting episode of Touring Biker Swap!

Oh, this could get interesting, I just love Tylerbabe's version of Hokey Pokey..

Just a quick update on bed space

The hotel is booked 100% full - and about 3/4 of the tent cabin beds.

If you are interested in going - send your payment in now!

Looking to be another sell-out this year.

Hope you can make it!

So, is there two cots we can push together?
No, that's me and my wife....

$150.00?
If you must sleep with your own wife - yes - we can still work something out.

$150 for the two of you. Space is not held until payment is received.

(And that will be the last couple suitable hardwall tent cabin we have. After this - just space in the guys cabin and space in the gals cabin.)

So, is there two cots we can push together?
Oh lord... there goes the neighborhood. ;)
Not yet. My work schedule is subject to a possible change, and I won't know if I'm still off until June 25th.

Might have to do this solo, if at all....
Brodie is camping... maybe he'll share his tent with you. ;)
My very best friend tells me...

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

I Snore -
Big Time!
:rolleyes: