Bridgestone BT021 Long Term Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
Yeah I know, another tire thread! I just thought I would give a start to finish report on the Bridgestone BT021 Rear tire. Overall I really like the feel and grip of this tire. I also felt that it had great wet grip as I logged hundreds of miles in the rain. A lot of those at EOM on Friday.

The mileage was a little below average for me at 4150 miles. Like most tires the last 10-15% of the tire went fast and got pretty loose when riding in the twisties. Yesterday ngarider and I did about 350 miles of pretty aggressive riding and I got loose in several turns. Works great for brake and throttle control training!

Overall pretty good tire, although with the issues I had with the front BT021 I have no plans to run anymore Bridgestones. It's pretty bad when a rear tire on a 145hp motorcycle will out last 2 front tires?

Here's the tire now with 4150 miles:

DSC_7188.jpg

Yeah...I have a new front tire in the garage to mount. That will help me finish the rear. I concur with "Not Bridgestones"!. The 021s are just too soft for the FJR.

Damn, you still have it on your bike in that condition? I thought you were planing to see your relatives in Chicago soon. It might not happen if you keep riding on that.

Not to self. I am glad I did not buy 021.

Damn, you still have it on your bike in that condition? I thought you were planing to see your relatives in Chicago soon. It might not happen if you keep riding on that.
This one is toast! I got another tire sitting in the garage waiting! I'm probably done riding for a couple of weeks because I will be traveling. :angry:

BTW: Good note to make. PR2's for me. I have one on the front already and really like it. Plus after seeing ngarider on the Cherohala Skyway yesterday. Those dogs will hunt! :eek:

JW

Damn, I just put a set of 021's on my bike. I wish I had read this first.

Oh well, too late now. I've got a little over 100 miles on them and they are sticky.

BTW: Good note to make. PR2's for me. I have one on the front already and really like it. Plus after seeing ngarider on the Cherohala Skyway yesterday. Those dogs will hunt! :eek:
JW
I put PR2 on and have roughly 700 miles on them and absolutely love them.

Yup, When this set of 021's is toast, I'll not be back. I'm still waiting for someone to do a full report on the PR2's... ahem.

Cougar,

How well does the PR2 grip vs. Stock Z6's?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put abt 1500 miles on my 021's and, so far, am pretty satisfied w/ them. However, if all I get is 4,000 miles out of them, I'll not be back to 021's.

This one is toast! I got another tire sitting in the garage waiting! I'm probably done riding for a couple of weeks because I will be traveling. :angry:

JW
What's a PR2?

I can't find it using the search engine.

TIA,

JW

Cougar,

How well does the PR2 grip vs. Stock Z6's?
My came with stones 020. And those were stones. felt like I was riding on the bricks. no grip what so ever. So, I can't compare them to Z6, but I can tell you for sure that new PR2 are like riding on the skates. they go where you point them and do not slide.