BumbleBee makes Rider Magazine appearance!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Dang.. out of all my bikes.. classic BMW's from the 60's, 6 cylinder KZ's and CBX, rare ATK MX bike... 

BumbleBee makes the cover? 

https://candybuttorg.ipage.com/cba/node/834

Forums: 

1972 Yamaha 125

2020-02-09 RiderMagRetrospective

Hey Hey Lookie 'Dis... My little BumbleBee warranted a national magazine appearance!

Story background.. My sister's husband, Jim, bought this bike new for his daughters to ride. They rode for a bit, but based on the low mileage, and relative lack of abuse, not too much. The family moved to Arizona, the tank and carb was drained, and the bike sat inside the garage for years and years.

And for years and years I asked about the bike, no success. Then things changed in the family, and bike was for sale. In August of 2015 I scooped her up and went to work.

• Removed and cleaned every carburetor passage way.
  • Changed transmission oil
  • Installed heavier, custom made fork springs. Same for the rear spring.
  • New tubes, rim liner, and tires.
  • Chased down and fixed an electrical parasitical draw in the wiring.
  • Removed and replaced tachometer, speedometer burned out bulbs.
  • Lubricated all cables and linkages.

x  

Thanks to Clem Salvadori for riding to the Hondrosa to take pics and get background info! Too Coolio!

I read that article in my issue.  Congratulations on the profile and nice bike! 

Thanks, and welcome SERider! 
Since the article, new chain, sprockets, chain guard, handlebars, oil pump hose, and lots of 'little stuff' that takes time.

She's a sweetheart of a bike..

And although little power, always a smile to ride.

Very cool.  My first dirt bike was a DT400, with all the street stuff stripped off.  It was well worn, but to me it was fantastic.  Good memories.