Cali ticket fines going up !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
Looks like the State needs every cent it can pry out of our wallets :unsure: If you want to help out the State just run a red light while passing a school bus , then park in a handicap zone as you get pulled over.....a quick $2,028 for the State coffers ! :blink:

( Tried to post this in the State Law thread area but it's blocked access ? )

Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2011)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance) Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense .

VC 23123( B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.

VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507( B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.

VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints. Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program .

VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.

VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver – Log book violation.

VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Crap...and I'm heading there in May? Kinda takes some of the fun out of those twisty roads.

Naw, just makes it more exciting ! :lol: Some of the roads your planning you'll be lucky to see any revenue enhancers ! It a big state ! :rolleyes:

Tickets were initially designed as a punishment..

Now they have a whole bunch of new fines to raise money
laugh.gif

VC 186364 ( A ) Vehicle windshield wipers need replacing. -$47

VC 192451 ( B ) Vehicle radio too loud. - $41

VC 174521 ( B ) Driver receives a text while driving. - $55

VC 121383 ( A ) Female driver putting on make-up while driving - $72

VC 177235 ( A ) Vehicle tires out of balance. - $63

VC 112325 ( A ) Driver running a yellow light. - $118

VC 174771 ( A ) Driver was thinking about running a red light.- $66

VC 122597 ( A ) Vehicle's dome light burned out. - $38

VC 136885 ( A ) Vehicle's trunk dirty or cluttered. - $31

VC 154669 ( A ) Vehicle's engine oil dirty and needs to be changed. - $54

VC 185521 ( A ) Vehicle's tire's sidewalls are dirty. - $25

VC 141326 ( A ) Vehicle smells like french fries. - $29

VC 141326 ( A ) Domino Pizza sign on roof is crooked. - $18

VC 134666 ( B ) Driving while Black in certain neighborhoods - PRICELESS!

"VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit."

You've got to be shitting me. :blink:

I'd love to see (or better yet, participate in) the first 1 mph over ticket challenge in court.

Remember on top of the fine is the local court assessment, and various other fees and charges.

The increase is bad enough but the CHP and local enforcement have been told to increase citations by at least 12%.

Expect increased "motorcycle only" safety check stops and citations for anything that is not in full compliance with the Vehicle Code.

Welcome to California, the bankrupt state.

I think Passing a School Bus with Flashing lights should be MUCH MORE, Seriously! I would take there license away!!! Last time I saw my wife put on make-up while driving I made here pull over and I gave here a Spanking!

I think Passing a School Bus with Flashing lights should be MUCH MORE, Seriously! I would take there license away!!!
Agreed! At least suspend it for f6 months.

Last time I saw my wife put on make-up while driving I made here pull over and I gave here a Spanking!
What did that lead to?

Perverted Inquiring minds and all that.... :blink:

VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.
Am I reading this correctly? Little Suzie can drive distracted, poised to take my ass out of the game in an instant, but if I park in one of the 20+ empty handicapped slots at Walmart they're gonna teach me a lesson I won't soon forget. Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate parking illegally in a handicapped zone, but I'm far less likely to be putting someones life at risk by doing so. Seems to me that swapping those fines around would be far more beneficial to the motoring public.

Maryland Governor is proposing adding surcharges on top of the normal fines, for "bad" drivers/repeat offenders. I think it was around $1500. They overtly state it is to raise transportation funds for the state.

Here are the details:

WASHINGTON - Facing a huge budget gap, Maryland is looking for creative ways to raise money, including charging drivers more when they get pulled over. In fact, under a proposal from Gov. Martin O'Malley, you could be paying off a ticket for three years.

Part of O'Malley's budget proposal would charge drivers who pick up more than five points on their license in a two-year span $100 per point, per year for three years.Since reckless driving carries a penalty of six points, that would add $300 to a ticket, on top of the fine.Getting caught going 20 mph over the speed limit on a highway adds five points to your license. So do that twice, and you'll owe an extra $1,500.

The plan is similar to the the bad driving fees Virginia imposed on its residents in 2007. After an uproar, Virginia's law was quickly repealed, and the fees were refunded. Maryland's General Assembly has to approve the proposal before it takes effect.

In Oregon, IIRC, on the first offense of driving over 100mph, it is $1000, suspension of your license for a while and legal/court costs. In the legislature right now is a bill to take away local courts' ability to lower moving violation fines by even the small amount they are allowed now. The bill is expected to pass. Oregon also does not have classes to lower the insurance hit like some places (California) do. And all this in a State with maximum 55mph speed limits on most roads (even very rural ones) other than I-5.

Holy Crap...and I'm heading there in May? Kinda takes some of the fun out of those twisty roads.
Don't worry about a thing, Mark; you will be riding with Fairlaner and FJRONAMISSION, what could possibly go wrong! I'll send you the name of a great Bail Bondsman!

VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.
Am I reading this correctly? Little Suzie can drive distracted, poised to take my ass out of the game in an instant, but if I park in one of the 20+ empty handicapped slots at Walmart they're gonna teach me a lesson I won't soon forget. Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate parking illegally in a handicapped zone, but I'm far less likely to be putting someones life at risk by doing so. Seems to me that swapping those fines around would be far more beneficial to the motoring public.
I witnessed a "meter maid" issue a ticket to an individual with a disabled parking permit who had parked improperly in his otherwise legal space. The problem? His tires were on the parking space line and encroached on the next handicap space. This was after 10:00 PM at a Safeway Grocery store lot in suburban Carmichael. That was an expensive ticket for complete BS.

I'd love to see (or better yet, participate in) the first 1 mph over ticket challenge in court.
Come out to Kali with me in May, and I will gladly watch your skills with the officer.

Come out to Kali with me in May, and I will gladly watch your skills with the officer.
I'm thinking the officers will be smart enough not to bother ticketing for 1 mph over. But it does give them the leeway to ticket just about anyone, anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.