Cam Chain Tensioner Blade Replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the chance to get back on the bike to work on it. It took a bit of finesse and patience, but it all went back together... The only thing I can attribute the added difficulty to getting the chain back on, is that the new tensioner blade I installed is new (no wear), so it might have added to the lack of slack I was experiencing - very tight tolerances. Everything seemed to be in alignment, but the real test will be when I'm able to start the bike up...which should be sometime in the coming weeks.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone's help to working my problem. This forum has a host of knowledgeable people willing to assist, and it's much appreciated.

I was able to start the bike this morning and it seems all is a success... No hesitation or popping observed, so I assume the bike is in proper time. I have a few more maintenance actions to perform, along with getting all the plastic back on, but glad this is all behind me. Again, a heartfelt thanks to all that contributed their insight and knowledge to assisting me to a positive result.  👍